Chapter 32

Isabella got stuck with Romeo again.

The reason? Everyone's in need of a check-up. She's already done. As much as she hates monthly check-ups, she definitely prefers being finished much earlier than whining about it and delaying the inevitable.

Romeo probably thought of the same thing because they finished at the same time. Her father didn't want to put just some random guard to protect Isabella so he gave her Romeo.

Which, to be honest, was a bad idea. Romeo wasn't even good with kids. he said so himself. He's bad with directions and he sometimes leaves Isabella all alone even though he's not supposed to do that.

Technically, he's doing the things that he's not supposed to.

If you're going to compare Dmitri and Romeo then Dmitri's someone that you could bet your life on. Romeo would just probably sold your life illegally to someone.

Well, that's to be expected probably now that Isabella would think about it.

There are some good points about the man. Unlike Dmitri, he shows affection and he allows Isabella to address him as part of the family. He's funny and amusing and he tries his best to do what he's told to do.

He does a good job at being Dante's right-hand man. When push comes to shove, he'll definitely be there to have your back and will absolutely slaughter anyone who'll come close to hurting his pack.

He's a good guy but an absolutely bad influence on Isabella.

"Fancy meeting you here, kid." Romeo greeted with a beer and a plate of sliced apples in his hands because cookies were banned in the house. Anthony's words were absolute and the cookies were therefore thrown out of the house. The jars of treats was replaced with healthy things like fruits.

Isabella hates the thought of losing the only treat that she enjoys but if she were to be caught again by Anthony eating a single cookie then she'll definitely have a grave by the end of the day.

Romeo practically shoved the beer towards Isabella while he plopped down next to her, munching on the sliced apple.

"Brought you some beer, kid." He said with a proud grin. Isabella gave him a nonplussed look.

"I'm not legal to drink this." She held the beer out to him. "You know that, Mister Romeo."

He eyed the beer like it was going to kill him before looking at Isabella. "Thought you wanted one. And enough with the mister, kid. You make me feel old here, ya know?"

"Yes, I do know that's why I keep calling you that." Isabella snickered at the man's glare. "Second, I didn't want this. I wanted the apples so gimme the apples."

"Hey, you didn't order apples." Romeo frowned, moving the plate of apples out of her grabby hands. "Wait, did you just say that you're not legally allowed to drink beer?"

Isabella groaned, facepalming. "Mister..."

"Kidding! Was just kidding, kid. Sheesh, got no sense of humor here." He said before grabbing the beer out of her hand and replacing it with the plate of sliced apples.

"Thanks." Isabella grabbed the sliced fruit and munched on it.

"Delish?" Romeo asked and he grinned when Isabella nodded. He chuckled, looking at her in pity. "It's not as good as cookies, ain't it?"

"No, but it will do." Isabella shrugs before munching on another one.

Romeo took a swig of his beer and sighed loudly. "Yeah, that hits the fuckin' spot." He then froze and looks at Isabella. "Oh, whoopsies, I wasn't supposed to cuss in front of you, huh?"