| forty five ; eight gates around the world

the shadow in the light

chapter forty five; eight gates around the world

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

"not how long, but how well you have lived is the main thing."

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

BEIJING INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT

the biggest and busiest airport in the whole of china was now bustling even more than ever before. the reason for this was because the hunters were returning from south korea.

liu zhigang was the main star of course, as everyone mostly came to see him.

"oh! we can see hunter liu zhigang over there!"

his fans started cheering loudly at the sight of the seven-star hunter. liu zhigang waved one of his hands at the fans, smiling at them.

"they're our proud hunters who left to support south korea in their battle!"

the team of hunters followed liu zhigang through the airport's interior as one of the reporters asked the male a question.

"although many are sending their applause towards hunter liu for his courageous to support south korea, there are many who think there is no reason for us to aid south korea. is there anything you want to say about it?"

liu zhigang proceeded to glare at the reporter, "who the hell is spouting such bullshit?"

"pardon?"

"do those guys have a brain as an accessory and not be able to read maps?" do they really not realise what country is just above south korea?" liu zhigang questioned.

"if there is anyone stupid enough to say such a thing, tell them this. i, liu zhigang, was not confident enough in being able to stop something if hunter sung jin-woo and kim y/n failed to stop it, so i went to assist them. if anyone has a problem with that, they can go face the demonic beasts themselves-"

just as he stepped outside the airport, liu zhigang was left speechless as he looked up at the sky.

the other hunters looked up as well before their eyes widened in shock.

"no way..." liu zhigang muttered.

just up in the sky, a massive gate appeared as it caused the sky to darken. and so, seven more of these gates appeared around the world, warning the world of the upcoming war.

***

after tusk had cheated with his battle with the three dragons, jin-woo looked at his other ant shadows.

"...what are they doing this time?" he asked.

"it looks like they're trying to make a small lodging, so that your highness and her highness can have a more comfortable stay," bellion answered from behind.

jin-woo chuckled as he pointed at the three dragons, "i think y/n's gotten pretty comfortable."

bellion looked over, noticing that the three dragons laid on the floor in a circle with y/n in the center, sleeping on cutie number three's arm.

"looks like it was beru's idea most definitely," jin-woo pointed out.

"my lord, why didn't you recall the soldiers back into the shadows?" bellion inquired.