Chapter 16

My life began the night Liam came into my life.

I embraced myself after a light wind blew in, hugging my body, dancing my long hair, and swinging the Victorian nightdress I'm wearing. I'm looking up at the night sky, gazing at that magnificent sight —bathed in the dazzling light, the beauteous moon aglow on a murky night.

The moon, together with the millions of stars, is the most beautiful art I've ever seen.

The moon, on its phases of darkness, lightness, and everything in between, is a perfect companion.

The moon, that sometimes its brightness might not foreseen, is still whole and pristine.

The moon reminds me of the man with ocean eyes.

Liam Owen Acosta.

Naalala ko pa ang huling pagtayo ko rito sa teresa ng aking kwarto. Noong gabing tinanong ko ang aking sarili. When will my life begin?

And now I have an answer. A clear answer to the question that haunt me ever since.

When Liam came into my life, I feel free. Like I've been unshackled from the invisible chains I'm tied into. Like my wings have been spread, lifting me and making me fly high from where I was stuck. Like the sleeping dreams of mine fire up because of the light he gives.

Liam saved me from the darkness.

Because I'm not alive without a life anymore.

I'm alive, I have a life, and I'm living... now.

And all of that is because of him.

Talagang ginagawa niya ang lahat ng makakapagpasaya sa akin. Ang bucket list ko, halos ma-check-an na lahat. And the fulfillment I'm feeling whenever he does that is priceless.

Napangiti ako nang maalala ang mga pangyayari kanina.

"I won't let go of your hand. Promise," rinig kong sabi ni Liam gamit ang banayad na boses. "Now, open your eyes, Vivienne. You need to see this."

"I'm... I'm... I'm so scared," napapaos kong bulong.

Naramdaman ko ang paghawak niya sa isa pang kamay ko. Then he held both of my hands so tight, as if he won't let them go. "I'm here, Vivienne."

Slowly, I opened my eyes. Una iyong dumapo sa asul niyang mga mata. Bahagya siyang tumango, tinitiyak na ayos lang ang lahat. He's also smiling at me, urging me to trust him.

Huminga ako nang malalim at hinawakan ang mga kamay niya nang sobrang higpit bago inilibot ang paningin. I feel like a spec fenced by lush green hills and mountains, with boundless vineyards and sparkling bodies of water.

Pampanga's moor is so unbelievably marvelous up here in the sky.

I felt the clean air embrace me as the hot air balloon rise higher and higher. The feeling of being lifted off is thrilling yet fulfilling at the same time. Because I feel like I'm one of the birds flying in the sky, wandering and wondering. And when I overcome the anticipation like I'm on a roller-coaster ride, I felt at peace.

Ngunit agad akong nag-panic nang binitawan ni Liam ang isang kamay ko. Humalakhak siya. "Aayusin ko lang po ang buhok niyo, Ma'am."

"Liam!"

He chuckled again. Then he removed strands of my hair that were blocking my sight, tucking them behind my ear.

There's a gentle smile lifted on his lips. It extends to his ocean eyes. It comes with the light that radiates the warmth of glee, a sparkle of tranquility and freedom, a perfect companion when everything seems so scary and dark.