Chapter 6

SHILPA

'Siya....I need this trip...so please!!!' I said while packing my suitcase and simultaneously balancing the mobile phone between my shoulders and earlobes but Siya kept saying the same thing again and again.

'You can't run away like this Ships...people will print anything!!! You can't just go like that! You can't get scared of these loosers! You remember you did it last time as well!!! You can't repeat it!!! ' she said and I was irked.

'Siya Stop!!! Firstly I'm not running away! I need a break! Second I am not scared of anyone...you think I can't handle this silly media or petty news articles...I can!!! It's just that I dont want to!!! You know I'm not the one to give clarifications to people...and why should I???' I spat angrily

'Then why are you leaving?' she asked and I spoke up...

'I need a break babe!!! I don't care true!!! But I hate it when people try to say things but when people try to do sleazy approaches I'm uncomfortable with that! And everytime I can't run to Dr Suvarna' I spoke up at once.

'Its that cheap Nikam again hun?' Siya asked and I rolled my eyes.

'Its not just him Siya!!! It's about my mental peace. I really want to launch a police case against him but I don't have a solid proof. The thing is I don't have a proof and I can't work with this mindset. I really need a break. My 20 paid vacations are unused. I also have last year's 5 carry forwarded ones which I haven't used. Don't even count on the overtime compensatory offs I have in my kitty!!! I want to use them all Siya! I need a break' I said at once.

For sometime Siya didn't say anything but then she asked...
'Where are you going?'

'I am still thinking!!!' I said when Siya said...

'How about Dubai? You'll enjoy it!!!' and I let out a breath.

'Siya you are crazy! I am trying to run away from this fiasco and you are pushing me to Dubai...you know Naman stays there and I ca' and suddenly I realised what I said...

'Exactly!!! You are trying to run away! Now can you please open the door Mam!!!' she said and I huffed again.

I opened the door and there I see Siya along with Naman.

Shit!!!

I couldn't face him. It was all so awkward all of a sudden. I tucked my hair behind my ears and looked elsewhere.

'Shilpa...may I?' and I nodded. He walked in and Siya angrily folded her hands against her chest and walked in too.

'I am sorry Shilpa. I don't know what happened to me. I was drunk but that's not the excuse...It can never be!' Naman said honestly and I slightly pressed my forehead and said...

'Naman please! You don't need to apologise to me...it's Aditi whom you should apologise to!!! You...you must continue your therapy Naman!!!' I said firmly.

'I know and I will' he said looking elsewhere.

I saw him slowly walking towards the balcony. I slowly went towards him and said...

'Naman!!! I don't know if it's for me to ask you .. but you are still holding things against Aditi...I don't know what it is for which you want Aditi to apologise to you... but please understand whatever it maybe...you both have your own perspectives. You should understand her perspective too Naman!!!' I said and in one go he shot me an angry look and said...

'Can you justify a reason why a mother can abort her 2 months old pregnancy without a father's go Shilpa!!! Justify it!!!' Naman said at once and my lips parted.