2 | I'll see you later

I was slightly scared about the roller coaster but nothing I couldn't take, it's just like jumping off a building right? The intense beating of my heart was increasing as the roller coaster slowly crept its way to the peak before dropping us down.

I looked at Nat as I felt her hands on mine. My mind momentarily forgets that we were on a roller coaster but the next moment the roller coaster dived and I squeezed her hands by reflex.

"I would think you are okay with roller coasters when you're the one who brought me here." Natasha said as she helped me out of the seat.

"I am! I'm fine! I just lost some strength." I said as I tripped on my own foot, disproving my point there.

"Right... some strength." Nat reached out her hand and I took it, pulling me up to my feet. I dusted myself off before finding another ride to join the queue.

I didn't buy the fast pass because I wanted to spend time talking with her. There isn't always a chance to be speaking to her without any distraction, excuses that she has work to do, mission or other agent needing her help. She's just too popular, everyone wants a piece of her.

We continued on for a couple more rides until it was dark. It was just unfortunate that the first ride we took knocked it out of me because I was fine the rest of the day.

"We should probably head out, the theme park is closing." Natasha suggested after getting out from the last ride.

"Yeah okay, I'm starving." The sun had already gone down and there were only a handful of people walking around or headed towards the exit. I pressed my lips together trying to suppress a smile on my face. I had actually managed to spend time with Nat without any disturbance.

"Should we head back to the compound first?" Nat asked as she took out the keys to her car. However, I was looking at something else that caught my attention. "Hey Y/N, what are you looking at?" She looked at the direction I was facing but found nothing.

"Huh? Nothing much. Why don't you head back to the compound first? I'll see you later!" I ran off without giving her a chance to stop me. Well, she was on the other side of her car.

"Hey! How are you going to get back?" I heard her shout.

"Don't worry, I can manage!" I replied. Waving my hand at Nat and  running across the road.

What I saw was someone dragging a man into an alley. I couldn't tell if they were friends or in trouble. It could be big, it could be small but I didn't want to make a fool out of myself when it turns out to be nothing.

My hands went to my back where my gun would be placed, except it wasn't there. I remembered taking it before coming because we were supposed to be spending a relaxing time and they wouldn't allow loose items on rides.

"Shit." I mumbled under my breath. I should have taken a gun from Nat's car.

I crept quietly, making sure not to step on pieces of glass and rubbish on the floor. I tried to find traces of the duo, which wasn't hard as it was the only sound coming from the alley. I rounded the corner to see a tall long silver hair man pulling out a gun from his jacket and pulling the trigger on the defenseless man. Blood splattered out and before I could react, I was knocked out from the back of my head.

My eyes threatened to close as I laid on the floor. I didn't see his partner sneaking up behind me.

"Gin, what are we supposed to do? She saw us!" The guy was slightly shorter than the silver haired man said.

"Vodka, relax. The organisation just gave us a new drug, this is the perfect time to test them." He calmly took out a silver container from his pocket to reveal a red and white pill. "This is supposed to kill him and the autopsy result won't show anything."

He turned me around so I was facing him. I tried to resist but my limbs have no strength. I could only watch as they placed the pill in my mouth before pouring water and closing my mouth shut, forcing me to swallow the pill.

"Let's go, they should be found in the morning." Gin ordered Vodka to get away.

Second POV
Natasha had been waiting in the compound for hours but you were still not back. While having dinner with the team, her mind was elsewhere. It was not like you  to not report where you were if you were running late. She was getting more worried as the time passed, no longer having the appetite to eat as she pushed the food around.

"I'm sure she's okay Nat." Steve spoke up, not liking to see his friend feeling down.

"I can't sit here and do nothing. I'm going to find her." Nat stood up and took her jacket before running off.

While driving, she tried to call your phone but you weren't answering. The first place she went was where you left her. She went in the direction she saw you running, going into the alley, making left and right turns before stumbling upon the dead body.

Immediately she rushed towards the corpse and saw the state of it, a bullet hole straight through the middle of the head. Initially, Nat thought it was because you killed a man so you went into hiding, but she clearly remembered seeing you keep your gun in your room.

She called the cops anonymously before going back to find clues about you again. She was almost certain the crime scene was what caused you to disappear. She searched high and low in the vicinity for any clues before the police arrived but she was unable to find anything other than your phone on the ground. She decided to take it with her because she didn't want you to be one of the suspects. But without your phone it would be harder to track you.

Feeling like she hit a dead end, she tried to find your friend. No one else knows about him other than Natasha. Just like how only you knew about Natasha's sister, Yelena.

She went back to her car and made her way to your friend's house. You didn't have many friends because you were busy with your work and it's hard to decipher one's intention of making friends when you're Avenger. You never know if they were taking advantage of you or planning to hurt you.

He however, has been by your side for as long as you can remember. He was your father's friend.

Posted on 3/1/2022