4 | Confession

Natasha drove us back to the compound and I tried to make some small talks to alleviate the tension. "You were really flustered when you entered the house earlier." I said, secretly happy that she was worried for me.

"I was looking for a friend." Nat said, glancing at me before looking back on the road. "She went missing all of a sudden. I swear when I see her again, I'm going to give her a good punch, she wouldn't be able to see straight." She clenched her fist into a ball.

I shuddered at the thought of getting hit in my seat, maybe not saying who I am would be a better choice.

Nat doesn't know who I am so I took the chance to ask the question. "Do you like her?" I giggled slightly, amused at the situation.

"Ummm... she can be annoying but enjoyable to be around with. She cares a lot for her teammates. She can brighten the room in an instance and I definitely like her a lot." Natasha lists as she drove.

"I'm sure she's doing fine and misses you." I said sadly. She likes you too. I'm right by her side but I am unable to say anything. I just want to comfort her and let her know everything is okay.

"Okay, let's introduce you and get settled in the compound." Nat parked her car in the garage and pressed the button in the elevator to bring us to the living room where only the Avengers have access to.

"Hey Nat, did you manage to find Y/N?" Steve asked as JARVIS notified them of her return with one unidentified individual. "Who's this?" He pointed at me.

Nat began introducing them one by one to me. Some of them weren't here, the compound is a big space after all.

"She's the niece of someone I know of. I'm taking care of her until her parents come back." Natasha explained to them.

"Are you sure this is a good idea? Is there someone else to take care of her?" Tony found this whole situation very compromising. A child shouldn't be near where all the dangers are. If someone caught wind of a 7 year old living in the compound, they are very likely to come for me.

"Nat..." I tugged at the end of her shirt and gave her the puppy eyes. The power of the puppy's eyes multiplied numerous times in a child form. No one else knows this, but Nat is very soft inside. More than she liked people to know about.

"Don't worry, let me show you to the spare room." Nat ignored them and brought you to level with all the living quarters.

"Level 20 onwards is for Avengers only. Earlier we were on level 20, the boys stay on level 25 except Tony, he lives on level 30. The ladies stay on level 26." Natasha explained. I of course knew all of this but I had to act as if I'm listening to it for the first time.

"I'll ask Tony to grant you access for level 20 and above." Nat said when we arrived at my new room. "Have a good rest, I'll see you tomorrow for breakfast. My room is just two doors down if you need anything."

So technically I have two rooms now. I need to sneak back to my old room to get a couple of things, like cash and my laptop. I can't find my phone anywhere so I need to get a new one, probably with Bill's help. Contact numbers are no problem, I remember them anyway. I never save them just in case some unwanted people hack into my phone.

I let myself sink into my new bed. Tiredness was catching up to me as I drifted off to sleep.

Second POV
Natasha went back down to the living room after leaving you at your room. Wanda came back with Bucky from their mission and were resting on the couch when the rest told them about your new appearance. Wanda was nonchalant about it while Bucky was with the majority and disapproved.

"Others wouldn't think that we would bring a child on a mission! It's a perfect cover." Natasha reasoned. She knew that making an excuse for the mission would entice them to agree. A cover was always needed and an innocent child would be perfect.

"But we have to be careful, we know Hydra loves to capture children for their experiments." Steve reminded her. Of course everyone knew that, so did Nat. The Red Room also loves to abduct children against their will and take advantage of them.

"I'll remind her. She's different, I know it."

"You'll be taking care of her then, Nat." Steve needed her to understand that taking care of you was her responsibility and she couldn't just give up halfway.

---

The next morning, Natasha went round to your room to check on you as she needed to bring you to the living room. She knocked lightly on your door but received no answer. "Allison? I'm coming in."

Yesterday's hit to the back of your head was coming back to bite on you. Your head was splitting and the pain travelled down to the back of your neck.

You heard Nat knocking on your door but you felt that any sort of movement would hurt your head more, even the sound of knocking was making you tear up.

"Hey, are you alright?" Nat crouched down at the side of your bed, checking up on you. It hurts so much that you can't speak. Nat noticed this immediately and went to get Bruce as you were in no condition to be moving.

"Allison, you need to tell me where you're hurting or I can't help you." Bruce said. He was unable to rely on his machine to tell him what's wrong. All he had was a physical examination.

"The... back of my head..." You managed to say as you held onto the side of your bed, pressing your head deeper into your pillow thinking the softness would ease up the pain.

"We need to get her to sit up so I can check the back of her head properly." Bruce motioned for Natasha to get to the other side of the bed to prop you up properly without any unnecessary movement or discomfort.

He ran his hand at the back of your head before forming his diagnosis. "From what I feel, it's likely inflammatory or swelling at the back of Allison's head, causing it to press on her nerves." Bruce said as he set you back on the bed with Nat's help.

"I'll prescribe some anti-inflammatory and painkiller through IV drip until she's comfortable enough." He left you with Nat and went to grab his supplies.

Nat wondered when you received such a bad hit to your head, you looked fine when she met you at Bill's house. Since your parents weren't around, she wondered if you were mixed with the wrong groups of friends.

Posted on 10/1/2022

What do you guys think about the story so far? Anything you would like to see?