Chapter 82

"Good Evening,children" Dumbledore's voice bellow through the room. We all look up at him,"Now,we have two changes in staffing this year. We're pleased to welcome back Professor Grubbly-Plank, who will be taking Care of Magical Creatures,while Professor Hagrid is in temporary leave." I look at Harry who nods, signalling to me that it's probably to do with the order.

Hermione looks nervous and Ron eats away at his desert,not giving any attention. I look at the table of staff in the front and everything looks wrong. There's a woman dresses in all pink and as Dumbledore finished his sentence Snape clapped his hands awkwardly.

"We also wish to welcome our mew defence against the dark arts teacher." Dumbledore shows his hand towards the woman dressed in all pink,"Professor Dolores Umbridge" she chuckles softly but in a high voice.

"And I'm sure you'll all join me in wishing the Professor good luck." Dumbledore seems to be annoyed already. "Now,as usual,our care taker,Mr. Filch, has asked me to remind you..." Harry turns his head to me as the Umbridge coughs and stands up after she's gained everyone's attention,"She was at my hearing."

" She works for Fudge." I whisper back.

" Thank you, headmaster," Umbridge starts with her annoyingly high voice that was already giving me a headache," for those kind words of welcome. And how lovely to see all your bright... happy faces smiling up at me. I'm sure we're all going to be very good friends"

She walks forward as she speaks. She makes me think of my father. "That's likely" I hear the twins say in unison. I could tell by her attitude that we're not going to get along.

" The Ministry of Magic has always considered... the education of young witches and wizards to be of vital importance. Although each headmaster... has brought something new to this historic school... progress for the sake of progress must be discouraged. Let us preserve what must be preserved... perfect what can be perfected... and prune practices that ought to be prohibited", she giggles and walks back to her seat.

"Thank you, Professor Umbridge." Dumbledore attempts to applaud but everyone only follows because of confusion," That really was most illuminating" Dumbledore says as she sits back down.

" Illuminating? What a load of waffle." Ron comments and he's not far from the truth. She's evil and makes me want to vomit up the little food I've been forced to eat by Barry.

"What's it mean?" Harry looks towards me and Ron follows his lead,"It means the Ministry's interfering at Hogwarts" I sigh. Everything is going to change and not for the better. This is going to be literal torture.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Harry and I walk into the Gryffindor common room. Everyone starts to stare at us as the whispers die down. I see a few newspaper headlines as I walk next to him,'Plotter', 'Velonté against Dumbledore'.

" Dean, Seamus. Good holiday?" I greet the two boys sitting at the table," All right. Better than Seamus', anyway." Dean tells me but Seamus stands up and struts till he's infront of Harry.

" Me mum didn't want me to come back this year." He confesses.

" Why not?" I ask,not meaning for it to sound rudely but that's how it came out.