four | huntress awoken

-FOUR-

-Flashback-

"Ophelia Esmaray Moonshadow, do you swear to take the huntresses as your eternal sisterhood?" Asked the leader of the Hunt as she held a dagger above 10-year-old Ophelia's outstretched arm.

"I swear." She replied, her grey eyes fixed on Cerebra's multicolored ones.

"Do you swear on you own life that you will be loyal to the Hunt till death?" She asked, her firm and ertheral voice echoing in the marble walls of the church.

"I swear." It took every last ounce of strength in her not to let her voice break at the words which left her lips.

Ophelia felt the dagger tip press into the back of her unscarred arm, but never looked at it.

Cerebra continued, "Do you swear to live by this oath and agree to the punishments should you show any forms of disloyalty?"

"I swear and agree." Ophelia replied, ignoring the searing pain which flared up her arm as the enchanted dagger's tip was dragged around it, making a simple moon shape.

"As your rank in the Hunt goes higher, your powers shall rise with it. The day your Mark glows silver is the day you are seen capable of handling your abilities and shall take your place in the mundane world, guarding it from anyone who wishes to inflict harm upon them." Cerebra announced.

Ophelia ignored the thin line of blood rolling down her arm, and nodded.

Cerebra then handed Ophelia a sword which was covered in a black cloth.

"Use this sword for all your battles. Never leave another's blood on it, and may it bring you good luck."

Ophelia bowed reverently to the leader and stood up when Cerebra said, "Rise, Ophelia Esmeray Moonshadow. You are now a Huntress."

The hall erupted in a rapturous round of applause, while Ophelia's mother, Esmeray and sister Asterin embraced her tightly.

"We are all so proud of you, Felita." Esmeray whispered.

"Thanks, mum." Ophelia grinned and turned around, facing the audience as they broke into yet another round of applause.

-End-

"Wait, what?!" Exclaimed Kate as she loaded her bow with the trick arrows.

"You didn't think I was just a simple woman with a sword, did you?" Ophelia's thin lips twisted upwards into a sly smirk as she spun the rectangle in her hand, the way a criminal would spin a knife between their fingers.

When it stopped, a silver pistol glinted in the woman's hands as she leaned out of the window, almost kicking Clint in the back of his head as she shot bullet after bullet at the cars behind them.

"Okay, um, eenie meenie minie..." Kate locked on a target and smirked, "Moe." The arrow whistled through the air and hit the windshield, making purple ooze flow out of it.

"Play-Doh arrow?!" Kate asked, incredulously.

Ophelia chuckled, shooting at the men's tires as she replied, "Darling, you should know, Clint isn't one for normal trick arrows."