Chapter 84

Padma lift a piece of parchment folded into a bird into the air from her hands. It gracefully flies through the air as a girl blows on it and then Seamus hitting it. It flies upwards near the ceiling and Crabbe catapult something against it,it glides over me to the front where it burst into flames burning up.

" Good morning, children." We all turn around to see the devil dresses in pink today,but no professor. She points her wand at the chalk bored and speaks as the words appear on the bored," Ordinary Wizarding Level examinations." Her high pitched voice rings in my ears," O-W-Ls. More commonly known as OWLs." She stands infront of the class," Study hard and you will be rewarded. Fail to do so, and the consequences may be severe." She lifts her shoulder and them point her wand to the few stacks of books behind her. The books glide through the class, everyone getting one," Your previous instruction in this subject has been disturbingly uneven. But you'll be pleased to know, from now on... you will be following a carefully structured, Ministry-approved... course of defensive magic."

I look at the book...for beginners...what the hell. I see that Hermione had read my thoughts and her hand shoots up," Yes?" Umbridge calls on her.

"There's nothing in here about using defensive spells?" Hermione asks in her 'please like me so I could be top of the class' voice.

"Using spells? Well, I can't imagine why you would need to use spells in my classroom." The devil says,"We're not gonna use magic?" I ask aloud. How are we suppose to learn if we can't actually learn.

" You'll be learning about defensive spells in a secure, risk-free way."

"What use is that? If we're attacked, it won't be risk-free." Hardy almost yell and I put my hand over his,telling him to calm down," Students will raise their hands when they speak in my class" she seeks out drama," It is the view of the Ministry... that a theoretical knowledge will be sufficient... to get you through your examinations... which, after all, is what school is all about"

"School is about learning how to protect ourselves!" "And how's theory supposed to prepare us for what's out there?" Harry backs me up.

" There is nothing out there, dear. Who do you imagine wants to attack children like yourself?"

"Oh, I don't know. Maybe Lord Voldemort" Harry stupidly says...good this is going to be great.

"Now, let me make this quite plain. You have been told... that a certain dark wizard is at large once again. This is a lie" she lifts her hands as if we're babies.

" It's not a lie. I saw him. I fought him" Harry is screaming now," Detention, Mr. Potter" I stand up to tell the devil exactly how things are," Cedric Diggory dropped dead of his own accord?"

"Cedric Diggory's death was a tragic accident" she says in a low voice making me even more mad. "It was murder. Voldemort killed him!" I yell as I slam the desk. Harry jumps back,he even seems to be astounded by my action. I wasn't going to let anyone tell me that Cedric died for nothing.

" Enough!" She yells as if she's posessed," Enough. See me later, Mr. Potter and Ms Velonte. My office." She's calm now but this annoys me even more.