{56}- Those Who Fill the Vessel of Greed | Prudence's Barrier

Y/N POV

I once again descended into this dark realm, which was similar to the abyss one went through when they died. I've had many near death experiences, yet, it's at moments like these, where I feel weakest.

Is it because no magic or Authorities can be used, in this plane?

Then does that also mean, without my magical powers, my physical prowess is null?

That isn't exactly true. I've been practicing a lot since I got here, and training a ton as well to the point where I can see a little of my abs. Then why was I afraid?

I didn't have the time to answer that question, since I opened my eyes in a brand new place.

It was like the first time I saw the ball of tendrils, only this time, the ground is covered in black goo.

"What... are you?"

The Deceit Witch Factor, along with the Sloth Witch Factor, rested in the middle of an altar in the centre of the black goo. I didn't even try to approach the latter, due to the dangerous substance spread out on the ground. However, I mustered my courage to move forwards, knowing that if I don't, nothing will happen.

As soon as I stepped into the goo, two voices surrounded my head.

"...My brain, my brain! It trembles!"

"Huh? What was that? Stop ignoring me when I'm talking, when it's obviously a clear violation of my right to speech!"

Betelgeuse and... Regulus?

What are those two doing here?

Against the two incredibly powerful enemies, I readied a fighting stance and strengthened my arms. Using the principal of Ryuuhou, I allowed the blood and adrenaline to circulate my body faster than before, forming a natural armour of sorts.

Seeing that the two did not talk again, I rushed towards them, and sent out a double punch. The fists hit their image, and dispersed them. While I tried to figure out what was going on, the black goo beneath my feet started to return towards the altar, eventually forming a single, condensed pool of the substance, and shoved itself into my Deceit Witch Factor.

Synthesizing Complete.

Developing...

Oh, so that's what you were. The Witch Factor of Greed.

As my authority began to manifest, a line from the past reminded me of something. 

'I see. That is your true desire.' Echidna has once said that to Subaru, knowing his own Greed. However, what is my Greed, in a sense?

I thought of my purpose in this world. What I hoped to accomplish. Then I realized that the answer I've been searching for, has been there since the very beginning.

"I want to protect them."

This world, the lost souls, the environment, the culture, the people. All of them.

"So, give me the power to protect them all."

Coincidentally, unbeknownst even to myself, my own authority and Subaru's Cor Leonis, manifested at the same time.

***********************************************************************************************

3rd Person POV

Baitenkaitos, who should have had abraded away Felt's name and commenced​ with his Meal, vomited. Moaning in agony, spitting out his gastric juices, Gluttony's attitude held no dishonesty. So, though he did not put something with a real form in his mouth, he still squeezed his stomach when vomiting. It was a mysterious spectacle, which gave rise to that impression, which had no absurdity in itself.

"Shit, that hurt...... Playing around with me......" Caressing her scoured chest, Felt stood up in a grazed shape. Infuriation and displeasure comprised her expression, but she did not seem to have taken any lethal damage. The ones she could see from the corner of her eyes, Beatrice and the others, too, had not forgotten about Felt.