Chapter 33: Attack

"WHAT THE HELL!" Chloe yelled.

Nathaniel who heard the scream burst into the room and saw what happened. Marinette ordered him to pull his gun out and prepare for the worse, he faced the door in case someone burst through the door.

More arrows were shot at through the other window, Marinette put up her shield as well but the arrows just kept coming, She tried to look of a solution and remembered about the secret passages.

"Suhyun! Help!"

Suhyun then ordered everyone to cover their ears, as Marinette dropped her shield Suhyun let out a loud high pitch ear piercing shriek causing the arrows to shatter into millions of pieces.

Marinette ran towards one of the bookshelves and pushed one of the hidden panels opening a secret passage behind the wall and yelled.

"EVERYONE IN HERE NOW!"

Hayami held up her magic until everyone was inside, she ran inside and dropped her magic when the walls closed.

Marinette took out and emergency communicator and said, "CODE RED I REPEAT CODE RED WE'RE BEING ATTACKED AT THE SAPPHIRE PALACE I REPEAT WE NEED BACK UP."

Juleka looked around and asked, "Where are we?"

"We're in the underground passages, these are for us to use if we were to be attacked like before."

The ground then shook underneath them.

Marinette sighed, "Fuh, looks like they manage to put up the barrier in time, are you guys, okay?"

They all nodded and said that they were fine.

"It's gonna be while until they catch all the culprit, we have to wait it out until we get the clear for them captain of the guards that everything is safe." Marinette told them.

"Kurtzburg, come in Kurtzburg over." A voice called out through his communicator.

"Kurtzburg here, over." He answered.

"Where's your current location? Are the princesses and their friends safe? Over."

"Affirmative, we are currently in one of the emergency passages under the palace, over." Nathaniel confirmed.

"Very well I will report back to their Majesties that their safe, until everything is cleared up stay there, understand? Over."

"Affirmative captain."

Then the communication cut.

Nathaniel looked at Marinette and asked, "Do we just stay here or is there a place we can rest?"

Marinette tried to think back, and she remember that there was indeed a panic room at the end of the hall, she led the others to the room.

"Here it is, it's not much since well it is a panic room. There's a bathroom, a living room, a small kitchen and a tv."

Suhyun quickly ran to the kitchen to drink water, she didn't like to go on offense because her throat and voice would normally end up paying the price. Hayami then conjured up a blue flower, the closed petals contained a small amount of liquid.

"Here, this flower has healing powers, 1 drop in your drink every meal for a week. The results aren't instant, but it helps the recovery faster."

Suhyun bowed and whispered thank you in her coarse voice.

Marinette turned on the tv but and turned on switched to the cctv, she noticed the guards catching and discarding the attackers. She sighed, turning to her friends she could see just how they were still shocked, well Chloe, Juls and Gami were.