Chapter 82 - Meeting The Family Again

Rebti smiled when she saw her daughter then gestured her to come forward "my dear, tonight we are fortunate enough to be able to help his royal majesties. They faced some difficulties on the way back to the capital and decided to take shelter here" then she turned to Manik and Nandini "your majesty, she Kamya my daughter and she would be marrying soon"

"Such a beautiful daughter you have dear aunt" Nandini exclaimed "tonight the respective elder has helped us in this cold situation and since there's a moment of festive then to show the gratitude we would like to take the charges of this wedding if the respective elders don't mind"

Bother the old couple and Kamya was shocked hearing it. They never thought they will get such response from the royals of Samrat. In their small village they are living a ordinary life but once the royals are involved in any matter of them it would certainly increase their reputation and also pride.

Usmar calmed his racing heart before smiling "your majesty, we are honoured but if your majesty want to show gratitude then just bless Kamya on her wedding day and it will be enough"

Manik inwardly smiled when he heard that. He knows what Nandini said was not only truth but it also a kind of little test. And Usmar has passed it with honesty. He waved his hand stopping Usmar.

"There's no need for elder to be this polite. Since the empress has said then everything will happen as per her saying. I hope elder won't mind this"

Usmar wanted to refuse. Though this opportunity won't do any harm but he really don't want the royals to think that he is greedy and after the opportunity to raise his position through using any kind of means. Usmar always lived a prideful life and taught his daughter to be like that. He has never done any unkind means to become the head of the village instead it was the villagers who supported him wanting to make him head. But since the emperor and empress themselves has said and insisted then if he still urge to refuse, it would only make him look arrogant before them. Then he suddenly dropped on his knees followed by Rebti and Kamya.

"Thank you for helping us your majesty" they said unison.

"Elders please get up" Manik said hurriedly. He looked towards Nandini who also has the same helpless look. They don't know why this three people kneeled suddenly for such a small matter.

After the honouring session, Rebti finally took charge to make dinners. It was kind of fortune that the family is vegetarian. Manik already used to eat vegan foods so he don't have any problems with it. As for Vaibhav he likes to taste various flavours so he don't mind at all. Nandini also joined in cooking and helped the mother and daughter due to finish quickly. It was not only about them but there are also many soldiers along with them that they need to provide shelter and foods for the night.

The dishes are simple and Nandini also added some of her own spice flavours that enhanced the taste even more. Rebti and Kamya was quite shocked to witness such thing as they had never seen it before. After the meal the family provided blankets and beds for the soldiers to sleep.

When the sun raise the next day it was time to leave. They have to cross the path to reach the capital before the sunset. Rebti made some snacks for them to eat during journey. Before leaving Manik also promised to send his people to take charge of the wedding which is helping 15 days later. The who villagers came to send them off.

"There are so many honest people living in the country your majesty" Nandini commented once they are on the road again.

"I agree. Though I rule the country but it's not possible for me to visit every place personally and judge them according to my experience. When something happens and cases rises in the court it's hard to give the justice not wronging the both side"

Nandini listened to Manik then sighed. She knows it's not easy to handle a court where there are many traitors lurking around to create harm. If it was not for Manik to stand strong and domineering then the court would not be this peaceful as it is right now.

"Your majesty has learnt so many things even in such a young age. I do wonder where did your majesty gather such strong will and courage to handle everything" she was curious, really curious now.

Manik smiled "too curious"

"Your majesty, it's good to always learn things"

He laughed out "my father taught me. Originally it's a not kind of training but he used to take me everywhere he goes and let me see thing and get experience. He even used to bring me during court. The used to discuss difficulties in the study with ministers while I stand on side listening everything. Though he personally didn't said a word and gives any morals behind those actions but with passing time I can get all those lessons he was showing me practically" he sighed.

"I never had time to play around with my friends. Comparing to me, Vaibhav had a good childhood without any need for worry about the rausing matters in court. Sometimes I really envy his life"

Nandini reached out and hold his hand tightly "your majesty is destined to be the ruler and no everyone gets such opportunity to lead a life like heroes. I know father in law might know pictured the current time about and that's why he wanted to train you with everything he could. Though I never knew his character but hearing from you, I can say he is a great father and also a ruler"

Manik suddenly grabbed her wrist and pulled her towards him. Their face was an inch apart from eachother as he cupped her face with admiring gaze "how lucky I am to have such woman who can see through thing which others can't. I can't thank enough to God and father for arranging this marriage and letting you walk into my life"

Nandini's heart swelled with happiness and she was about to say "your majesty-" but her words cut in middle when a warm lips landed on her. Everytime he kissed her she felt warmness and it engulfed her into another world of ecstasy.

When they finally reached the palace it was twilight. The news of emperor and empress arriving has already spread through the capital. Chityakanta was so happy that she personally came to the palace gate to welcome them. Even Maya couldn't hide her excitement and insisted on joining Chityakanta. When the couple stepped inside the palace they are greeted by a huge crowd when Chityakanta and Maya on the lead. Chityakanta has happy tears in her eyes and Maya was grinning happily.

"Finally you are here" Chityakanta smiled as she wiped her tears.

"Mother, you are crying again" Manik shook his head.

"It's a happy tears" Chityakanta exclaimed.

Nandini was about to hug Chityakanta when she was pulled into a bone crushing hug by someone.

"My lady, you left me here like this. Next time if you abandon me this way I won't talk to you" Atropa cried out sobbing.

Nandini sighed helplessly as she patted on her back "I am here now. Are you going to make me stand here all night?"

Atropa suddenly broke the hug and her face turned red. All the people looking at her with amusement. She couldn't help but feel more embarrassed. It's not like she behave like a child all the time but she never left Nandini's side since she started to live with her. So the sudden separation made her restless and she couldn't control when she heard Nandini is returning today.

On the side Vaibhav looked at her with smirk. This woman always showed a cold side to him and now seeing her like this he is assured that he didn't choose a cold hearted woman because the coldness was just a mask she was applying on surface. Since he knees this truth he could work on making her fell for him.

Nandini almost laughed when she saw Atropa's face.

Chityakanta smiled and suggested "you all are here after a long journey so it's better to rest early. And about other things we can talk about it tomorrow"

With that everyone went inside to take rest and Atropa almost dragged Nandini towards the Rose Palace while blabbering nonstop. Manik looked at the disappearing figures before shaking head and patting on Vaibhav's shoulder who was still frowning looking towards Atropa.

At the end that woman didn't even soared a glance at him.

Note:-

You guys thought...... Kamya will be another intruder?😈😈😈

Well poor Vaibhav. He have to wait to get affections 🤣🤣