•CHAPTER 22•

1 year later

- 7:48 pm -

"It will be a very big profit to both of our companies Mr. Kim, please think about it once you get time" the man who sat opposite to him inside his office, stood up and bowed at him to take his leave while he just sat there, not facing the person in front of him but staring at the floor-length window of his luxurious cabin which gave an outlook of the busy city of seoul.

"I'll leave now, it was great meeting you." he said and glanced at him who was still in the same position, unmoved. He sighed, feeling frustrated because of his ignorance when he agreed to this meeting.

He looked too lost in his thoughts.

He rolled his eyes secretly but left him alone with his thoughts. The sound of the glass door closing resounded the silent area, and he leisurely leaned back on his leather chair. His eyes closed, he sighed, and a faint smile crept on his thin lips when the familiar face he craves to get a glimpse of even for a millisecond flashed his mind.

It has been one year, one year since you left.

To say he missed you would be an understatement. He craved your presence, he yearned your essence, his heart ached even with the slightest thought of you, but maybe you were never in his sight, but always on his mind. His hands itched to touch your tender skin, he desired your touch on his body, even that would be for a second, he was willing to do everything to just see you, but unfortunately, fate was so cruel to him.

Missing you came in waves, and he was drowing.

His heart felt heavy thinking of all this year he spent without you. Life was actually a mess, and it still is.

His eyes opened and the glimpse of the busy roads that gleamed with the lights of certain vehicles reflected his burning gaze. The busy road had a clear scene of the people hurrying to go back home, to let the stress of the day drain into the arms of a very loved one, whom their heart aches to get a glimpse of for once.

His stomach churned up knowing that there would be no one to open the door for him, he would be doing it himself, and his pillow would be the only victim of what he hides deep inside.

Nothing was cleared yet, except the certainty of his feelings.

Maybe he realised it later, a lot later than when he should have but at least he did.

It took him time, but he knew that he so in love with you, so deeply that even the pain he felt reminiscing about you, it was pleasurable to him. Thinking about you, and missing you kept him more awake than coffee. The man felt so vulnerable, so incomplete.

He had spent uncountable nights on the terrace, sometimes inside his office until the nights end and the morning sun rised again, or sometimes, drunken until his heart would take over his mind to let him doze off to a deep slumber on one of the club's bed itself, everything, everything just wrecked him.

1 year, no phone calls from your side.

Though you never tried contacting him, that didn't refrained him from calling you daily. That was so pathetic of him. Calling someone he knew that won't pick up, yet it brought relief to his heart that the ringing of the call is connected with you.

You never picked up, nor you replied to his texts, but thankfully, you never blocked his number, that was already a great fact to smile for, knowing that maybe he is still someone you don't mind blocking from your life, he can't be lucky anymore. But yet, something in him never brought the comfort he longed for.