Chapter 6

*Edited by dann_ds & myself

________________________
C.J

I couldn't go back to sleep after I left Tasha's place. The hurt and sadness that was on her face made me angry with myself. I hate myself for putting her in the position that I'm in. I mean, she caught me cheating on Summer with her.

I don't think I'll let this go; I need to explain myself to Tasha. I don't care how long it takes.

This is my third cup of coffee and it's not even dawn yet. Sitting in the living room watching movies since I came from Tasha's place. It made me depressed remembering the look on her face, which was all because of me.

I'm hoping she'll forgive me for the pain I caused her if not, then I'll try asking for her forgiveness every day until I die.

I feel like shit.

The last words she said to just keep replaying in my head "I wish I never laid my eyes on you." My eyes closed shut.

Those nine words will haunt me forever with hurt and sadness behind it.

****

I woke up to the smell of sausages and the sounds of music. I noticed the TV was off; I tilted my reclining chair back and I'm guessing Summer put a blanket on me. I look at the clock and it was twelve-thirty in the afternoon.

I got myself off the recliner chair and headed to the kitchen where Summer was making a late brunch.

"Hey, babe! How are you?" Summer asked me. She was buttering the toast.

"I'm doing fine but still tried." I probably have dark circles under my eyes.

"Yeah, I bet you slept all night, Corey?"

"Yeah, I must've fallen asleep, around midnight." I lied to her, which I hate to do.

"When I came home from work this morning, you were out cold, so I tilted your recliner and grabbed a blanket for you." She spoke.

"Thanks, Sums," I said to her. I made my way to the table and watched her finish the brunch.

"You're welcome, babe. Do you want a cup of coffee?" She asked me.

"No thanks, I'll just grab some orange juice if we have any," I said to her. I had enough coffee early this morning.

"I'll check babe." Summer said. She opens the fridge to see if we have any oranges. It probably took her about ten seconds, and she pulls out a carton of orange juice.

"Do you want a small or a big cup?" She asks me.

"I'll have a large glass cup please," I replied to her.

I watch her pour the orange juice into a large glass cup. When she was done pouring the juice into a glass cup, she came walking towards me and put the glass of orange juice in front of me.

"Thanks, Sums. What's your plan for today?"

"Well, I was thinking of going for a walk with my friends in the trails later. How about you?"

"I might go to the gym with Greg. I need to burn off some steam."

"Yeah." Summer came over to me and hug me from the back and kissed my head.

"It looks like you need it, Corey." Summer was messaging my shoulders, which felt nice.

"Yeah well, I'm going to call Greg after eating."

Once Summer was done messaging my shoulders, she went to finish our late brunch. She talked a bit about the wedding with some ideas, but made a delicious brunch.