(Chapter 3)

Walked up to the little Demon king and started to rub small circles into his back. 'He shouldn't be getting sick? He's a demon still. Is this just a bad habit his body has from when he was this age?'

"Muzan can I see your throat?" You asked softly; your voice just above a whisper.
The ruby-eyed boy let out a violent cough before nodding.
He turned to you and opened his mouth. Looking inside, you noticed that there was nothing. Normally, it would a bit red and slightly swollen from the coughing. Although, there was non of that.

'Must be in his lungs. At least it's not the bovine variant. I'd hate for his spine to collapse on itself.' You thought hopefully.
"Mozan-sama, can you let me listen to your chest?"

"Why do you call me sama and yes." The boys voice was raspy and dry. It sounded painful. You nodded and lent down, laying your ear agested his chest.
"Take a deep breath for me." He did as you told. As you listened you moved your ear around his chest, making him take a few more deep breaths.

It didn't sound like he had any fluid in his lungs at all, but his lungs did sound exhausted. As if he had just experienced a panic attack, or suffocation.

'Strange...'

"Muzan-sama did you have a hard time breathing before I came home?" You asked. He nodded.
"It was scary. It felt like world was going to end." He explained. You kind of sweat drop at how exaggerated it was.

'That sounds like a panic attack alright.'

"Can I see the cloth you coughed into?" He nodded and handed you the peace of fabric. And you lightly sniff it.

'It doesn't smell like the type of blood from an infection, instead it was like it came from a reopened wound.'

"Ok, Muzan-sama I'm going to need you to open your mouth again but I'm going to need to stick my finger in so I can get a better look. Is that ok?" The boy looked at the floor for a bit before nodding at you.

You did as you said you'd do and got a good look at throat. And that's where you saw it. A huge scar was deep at the back of his throat. The dark, jagged hole-like shape and size of the the scar was definitely T.B.

But it looks like it healed completely, except for a small scratch. Other than that he seems to be alright.

'He must of had a panic attack and ended up opening that scratch during it.' Letting go of Muzan; you smile at the black haired boy.

"It's ok Muzan-sama, you just had a panic attack and bad throat. Nothing to be worried about." Your voice chimed. However, Muzan just looked at you confused. "But what about my illness?" The little demon spoke.

'Illness? He was this age and ill? With T.B. at that! Anyway! Just play it off (Y/n), just play it off'

"Oh! Don't worry! Your illness was cured long ago. So you don't have to worry." You gave him a closed eye smile. Which was true. He didn't have to worry. Him becoming a demon killed off his illness.

What you didn't expect was for him start crying.
"Huh!? What's the matter Muzan-sama?" You asked confused.

"Sorry! I'm just happy! The Doctor said that I wouldn't live to twenty. I'm just happy! I don't wanna die." Muzan explained as tears ran down his cheeks as he face-planted into your lap; quitening is tiers. You pat the small demon king's head to calm him.

"Is everything ok?" A soft whisper came form the door of the kitchen. There Kokushibou stood in his over sized clothes; rubbing his sleepy eyes.

"Yes. Don't worry. Everything is ok. Now let's get you two to bed." You said you reached 2 of your arms out to Kokushibou. The young Upper Moon 1 happily curled up to your left side; Muzan happily curled up to your right.

Lifting the 2 up with ease - walking with them in your arms to were the others were. Placing them down gently on the tatami mats. So, you can get the futons out.

After managing to make the futons for all the little death bombs. You tucked all of them in. Ending with the only 2 that were still a wack. Muzan and Kokushibou.

Muzan fell asleep as soon as you tucked him in. However, Kokushibou was staring off into space with a worried expression. As you were about to stand up; you felt a small tugging on your sleeve. Turning around, you find Kokushibou holding your sleeve and staring sadly at the floor.

"Is something wrong?" You whisper softly.

"Promise me, your not sick. I don't want someone else to die like mom..." The six eyed boy's words made you sad.

'It seems that all of them had something happen to them. Well except Douma. He seems emotionless even as a child...'

"Why do you say that?" You asked him, confused as to why he'd bring it up.

"Because mom was sick for years and didn't tell anyone, except for my twin Yoriichi. Who didn't tell anyone either. We could of helped her sooner." Kokushibou said his twin's name with stronger bitterness.

"Well maybe your mother told him not to tell any of you." Kokushibou looked at you confused.

"Well, my mom told me quite a few things that she didn't want the rest of my family knowing. And I felt a lot of pressure to keep quite about it. For example: 2 of my younger siblings weren't my dad's children. They were the neighbour's. So, I found myself trying to hint to my dad that something isn't right. I'd say things like, 'wow they look a lot like Todoroki-senpai,' or 'Do any of our other family members look like them.' Because I didn't think it was a good thing for my dad not to know. Maybe your brother tried to tell you without making it obvious?" You explained and suggested.

Kokushibou seemed to think for a second. "Yoriichi did always cling to mom's left side..." He spoke up again.

"Well, there's a good start! Now, Did your brother talk at all?" You asked.

"We thought he couldn't talk till we were 7. Dad also put him I  a really run down part of the house. Well, except when he beat me and my sword fighting teacher." Kokushibou seemed embarrassed by that.

"Well, with how different your father treated him and the fact that he might not know how to tell anyone. He might of thought that no one would of believed him." You explained. Kokushibou look to the floor; thinking.

"It's just something to think and sleep on, or keep at the back of your head... Good night, Kokushibou."

"Ok, good night Guardian." Kokushibou said as he lay down and let you tuck him in.

'I guess 'Guardian' is like saying 'mom' or 'dad'.'