~ 59 ~

Unedited

Unedited

Author's POV:

Maya is sitting in the living room, watching cartoons. Just then, a milk glass appeared in front of her, making her scrunch her nose. She looked up and saw Sarala, giving her a toothy smile while holding the milk glass.

"Chalo, jaldee se is doodh ko pee lo," said Sarala.

(Come on, drink this milk fast.)

Maya took the glass and made a face looking at it. She looked at Sarala innocently, making a puppy face, trying to melt her.

"Those faces are not going to work. Drink it fast; otherwise, I'll tell Avinav not to buy ice cream and chocolates for you," Sarala said, smirking at her.

Maya looked at Gayatri, who was sitting beside her, for help. Even she gave her a stern look.

Maya drank the whole milk in a go by closing her nose, huffing, and turning her face to the other side with an angry pout.

Sarala chuckled and tapped on her shoulder.

"Now what, dadi? I drank that stupid milk, right?" said Maya.

"I have made pav bhaji and jalebi for you, as you asked me yesterday. It's okay if you don't want to eat them. Arjun, Diya, Aashi, and Avinav will eat them after coming from their work in the evening," said Sarala.

Maya's face lit up like a 1000-watt bulb, and she squealed, listening to her. She kissed Sarala on the cheeks and asked her to bring them.

"Then what are you waiting for? Bring them fast, Dadi. Wait, you sit here. I'll ask the maid to bring them," Maya said, getting excited.

Maya called the maid and asked her to bring pav bhaji and jalebi. After having a stomach full of pani-puri and jalebi, Maya moved to her room to take a nap, but not before walking for some time in the hall as per hubby's order. Avi told her to walk for some time after having a meal.

*********************

Maya was sleeping peacefully in her room when her mobile started to buzz. She slowly opened her eyes and sat on the bed, knowing who was calling her.

"Hello Avi!" said Maya.

"Did you have your lunch?" asked Avi.

"I'll have it now. I drank milk and ate some snacks an hour ago," said Maya.

"Good girl. By the way, what did you have for snacks?" asked Avi. 

"Pav bhaji and jalebi," she said, licking her lips.

Avi smiled, thinking about her expressions now.

"I miss you, Dadda," Maya said in a baby voice.

"And I miss my two babies," said Avi.

"Then why did you leave me and go to the office?" Maya asked, sniffing.

She knows that she is being irrational. She also knows that he doesn't care about anything when it comes to her, but she knows that he has some responsibilities as the CEO of AVEL.