Chapter 11: Noona

I reached a hand up to touch his cheek, tracing a finger across his prominent cheekbone, then down along his sharp jawline.

"What's your deal?" I asked him.

He furrowed his brows and stared at me in confusion. "My deal? What do you mean?"

"Why are you like this?" I asked him. "How are you so perfect?"

He chuckled nervously and looked away from me. "I'm not perfect, Eloise."

"You sure seem that way to me," I said, moving my hand from his jaw and back along the edge of his ear. "Even your ears are perfect."

"Now that one, I'll agree to."

I glanced at his ear, then back at his eyes. "There has to be some kind of catch with you, Hoseok. Something I'm missing. You seem too good to be true."

"I umm...." he said, looking away again. He stepped back away from my touch, and my hand fell to my side. He dropped my other hand and turned around, going to look at a painting with faded colors and gold leaf around everyone's heads.

"Hobi?" I asked, a frown on my face at the sudden distance be had put between us. "Did I say something wrong?"

"No, I just...." he sighed and turned back to me, but stayed where he was. "I'm not perfect, Eloise. There is so much about me that you don't know. I don't want you to think that, and then be disappointed later on."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

He sighed and slid his hands into the pockets of his tight, black jeans, which looked incredible on him. "Can we just enjoy the art and talk about this later?"

I frowned a little, even more confused, but nodded my head at him. "Sure." I turned away from him and walked over to look at a statue, trying to read the plaque in front of it, but I couldn't concentrate on it. I turned to see where he was and saw that he was still in front of the same picture, but now he was typing on his phone.

While he wasn't looking, I stepped into the next exhibit room, needing a moment to myself to think. That moment turned into several, because he didn't follow me.

After 20 minutes in the next room, I gave up on the hope of him joining me, and I continued around the museum by myself. I had absolutely no idea what was going on with him, but, apparently, he needed some time to himself, as well. So I gave it to him. I had never been one of those clingy girls who was going to chase after my guy and demand things from him that he didn't want to give. So, instead, I wandered from room to room, looking at the art, and reading the information about each piece. I took my time and didn't go looking for Hoseok, no matter how badly I wanted to.

Almost an hour and a half after I had ventured off on my own, my phone dinged in my pocket. Well...not really 'dinged.' It played the sound from when Super Mario goes down the pipe in the original Nintendo game.

MyHope: Hey. Where did you go?

Me: 🤷

MyHope: Funny. Where are you?

Me: I'm still in the museum.

MyHope: Are you being vague on purpose, or are you trying to be funny?

Me: 🤷

MyHope: . Eloise, come on. I've been looking for you for 30 minutes. It's getting frustrating.

Me: Interesting that it's only been 30 minutes, when I've been gone for around 90.

MyHope: Oh you have not.