f o u r t e e n

February 27th 2017
Avengers Compound

The Asgardians were different, to say the least.

They had arrived last night and the Avengers had been run off their feet trying to deal with some things that needed taken care of.

Thor was one of the loudest, bubbliest people Ember had ever met, slightly on the annoying side, but a good person never the less.

And Loki just stared at her the whole time. A little strange, but seemed more her type.

She hadn't seen much of Steve in the few hours that Thor and Loki had arrived, much to her disappointment. She had been hoping to get a minute alone with him, she hadn't seen him since they had kissed the day before.

"Your energy is different. I like it."

The British accent had snapped Ember out of her thoughts. She hadn't even realised everyone had left the living area and she was sitting on her own.

"Your accent is different, I like it." She smirked, mimicking the phrase he had just spoken.

Loki laughed and sat down next to her.

"How come your not doing Avenging shit with the Avengers?" Ember asked, genuinely curious to why he was interrupting her thinking session.

"I tried to take over New York, I'm not exactly welcome on the Avengers team."

Ember scoffed, "Well that's one thing we have in common."

"You don't avenge?" He asked, emphasising the word avenge.

"I used to avenge." She mocked his tone once again, "Until I was arrested for doing what the Avengers do daily. But I work alone, being on a team isn't really my style."

"Yes, I agree."

"You don't seem like much of an Avenger yourself." She smirked.

"Oh no, I don't do that kind of thing. Thor just drags me on his visits here because he doesn't trust me." He laughs as he speaks of his brother, "I don't avenge, I'm more of a you-only-live-once sort of person, so I just do what I want."

"Interesting take on life. But aren't Asgardians like... Immortal?"

"Not immortal, we just live a few thousand more years more than you."

She laughed and shook her head, "Same thing, dude."

"No?"

"To someone who will only live till they're about 80, yes, I would consider it the same thing."

"I forget you humans are practically only babies when you die."

She laughed, "Yeah, I never really thought about it in comparison to other planets."

"You'd like Asgard." Loki said, looking over at her, "You should come visit with me some time, you seem different from the rest."

"Oh, yeah." Ember signed with a laugh, "You probably sense my abilities, most of the others here don't really have that."

"You're a witch?" Loki asked, intrigued, leaning forward in his seat.

"Uh, no." Ember replied, producing a small flame from her fingertips, "Not exactly."

"Wow," His eyes widened, "You have to teach me how to do that, sometime."

"I saw online some of the stuff you can do— Some footage from the battle of New York..." Ember grinned, thinking of his powers. "Even if you weren't here for the right reasons, I think it's extraordinary."