Date Night

Chapter 17

I woke up on the couch laying on Alessio chest.  "I thought you died." I slowly sat up and looked at his face, "and you didn't check on me?" He shook his head and sat up as well, holding my hips as he did.

"Where's Gray?" Alessio stared at me for a moment. "Carmine took him on a walk." I jumped up from the couch and attempted to run outside.

But as I tried to run I completely collapsed onto the floor.

"Myana." Alessio scolded and stood over me. I shook my head and laid there for a moment.

I blame him.

He helped me up and walked into the kitchen. I followed behind him. I silently watched as he leaned on the counter and stared directly into my eyes.

He always found a way to make the air heavy around me.

"You're not working for me anymore." I furrowed my eyebrows and leaned next to him. "Why? I did good, right?" He sighed and stood up straight.

I thought I did good, I didn't die.

I closed my eyes when I shot a gun but doesn't everyone?

"Yes, you did good." He stepped closer. I stood up from the counter and looked up at him. "But you got hurt. I won't let that happen again. You'll stay here with Gray."

It kind of hurts my feelings that he doesn't want me to come with him anymore. I liked being around everyone a lot. Now i'll be left out of everything.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when Alessio's hand brushed my cheek. He held my face, I watched as his eyes scanned over every feature.

I always thought his eyes were black, but they're actually hazel...and they're beautiful.

I could get lost in them. In every detail.

———————

*Alessio's POV*

I watched her facial expressions drop completely when I told her about the jobs.

It's not safe for her.

And it drives me fucking insane knowing I care this much about her life.

But i'm done pretending I wouldn't die for her, because I would jump in front of a bullet  without hesitation.

Guys like me don't fear a lot. Others do the fearing for us. We're cold. Empty. No remorse. It's how we survive.

But in almost every man, there's a weakness.

She's my weakness.

I grabbed her face gently with my hands.

She's so beautiful.

Her eyes, although their just fucking brown, are so beautiful.

Her smile, her dimples and the way she wrinkles her nose when she laughs. It's all perfect.

She'd never see it that way, but everyone else can.

I see the way Leo looks at her. The way he looks at her ass and her chest. The way he thinks he's got it all.

He doesn't have shit.

She's been mine since the day I let her go and she willingly came back.

I didn't think she would. I mean, you'd be stupid to be freed from us and still come back.

But she knows I couldn't hurt her. I was never able to. Even when I didn't know her on the plane, I still couldn't do it.

I worry so much about her I don't sleep at all anymore. I used to sleep at least an hour, but now all I do is worry about her.