Two Oruguitas

The day before the Martinez's departure, the sky fell gray. Pepa was upset, even if her brother seemed to accept the situation, she hadn't. It wasn't fair that every time something good happened to her little brother, it was taken from him. But she didn't allow a single drop of water to fall, it didn't matter how messy her feelings were, she wouldn't ruin her brother's last day with his friend.

That day, Bruno and Angie had decided to meet by the river, in the same spot they had meet a few days prior, it seemed just fair.

When Bruno got to the spot, she was already there laying on the grass as she stared into the sky, under the daylight her eyes looked like melted gold. She lifted her head just slightly to look at him, offering  him a soft smile before turning her gaze back to the sky.

Angie would miss this place. She had only been by that river twice in her life, but it could bring some kind of calm to her that she hadn't felt in a while. It was just so peaceful, even under the dark clouds that announced a storm waiting to happen the place seemed perfect.

"Your sister doesn't seem very happy today." Angie said staring at the clouds "I see a bunny, right there!" She pointed up to a spot right above them.

"I can only see gray stuff." Bruno said lying besides her.

"You lack creativity, you can only see rats in everything." Angie nudged him slightly, a smirk on her face as he pretended to be offended by gasping at her.

"How dare you to talk like that about my rats?" He said dramatically causing the girl to let out a laugh.

"I have nothing against your rats, I have something abut your lack of creativity."

"You're going to take that back." He said smiling, happy for seeing her acting so naturally.

"Oh, why would I?"

"Because, I've worked ll night to finish that story I started telling you last time. I thought it would be just fair that you knew the end before you left." Bruno said with a proud expression on his face, Angie's smile seemed to get brighter at the new information.

"Really?" Her eyes sparkled as her best friend nodded and she grabbed Bruno's hand in excitement "Tell me, tell me!"

"Okay." He squeezed the girl's hand "So, last time we stopped when Teodoro found Bianca in a date with Matias..."

Angie would miss Bruno's stories, the boy put so much passion into everything he did, she couldn't understand why people could avoid someone like him. She loved hearing how he constructed each ambience and scene with just words, just being with enough to hear him made her feel special.

She knew that whatever he had originally planned to the story was changed because of her. Angie realized it the moment Bianca received a proposal of work overseas. She had just figured things out with Teodoro, the rebellious twin, and her life seemed to finally reach perfection, and now she would have to leave all of it to g after her dreams.

She didn't want to take this leap, but for the first time in years, the twins agreed in something, and it was that she needed to go or she would regret it though her whole life. So she followed their advice, and the last scene was their goodbye.

When Bruno finally got to the end, Angie had just a hint of melancholy in her hazel eyes as she thought about the story.

"So... What do you think?" The shy Bruno was back as he waited for her to comment on her work, fearing that he might have overstepped with the analogy.

"What d I think... I think your door was mistaken." She squeezed Bruno's hand as he frowned "Because I'm sure your true gift is actuar."

Bruno let out a breath he didn't even know he was holding, his green eyes shinning in relief.