Chapter 17

(Please read authors note at the end❤️)

Jayda's POV

"You ready?" I ask Maddox while looking at my outfit in the mirror. I was wearing a red plaid shirt, black skinny jeans and a pair of brown combat boots. I had straightened my hair and done my make up light.

"Yeah" he says, Maddox was wearing a black t-shirt, black jeans and black converse he looked super hot in that dark kind of way.

"You look good" Maddox compliments.

"Thanks, you bought me this outfit today" I say with a grin.

He rolls his eyes with a small smile.

I look around the room, i feel like I forgot something but I don't know what.

"Maddox, did I forget something?" I ask.

He shrugs "What were you suppose to bring?"

"Uh nothing" I answer.

"Then you didn't forget anything" he states simply making me roll my eyes.

"I'm serious, I feel like I forgot something" I pout.

"Just stop thinking about it, you will never remember" he says while grabbing his keys.

"Well then" I mutter.

Ignoring me, he speaks "Lets go, I'm hungry" we exit the room, walk down the stairs and out the door.

When we reach Maddox's truck and get in.

"How was the meeting?" I ask, trying to make conversation.

"Boring" he answers vaguely.

"Interesting" I say sarcastically making Maddox's lips tug up in the corners.

"Yeah, how was your day?" He asks me.

"It was alright, we walked around the whole mall and talked about hot guys..." I trail off looking at him clench his hands on the steering wheel.

He is about to open he his mouth, probably to scream at me so I hold my hand.

"I'm kidding Maddox, you take everything so seriously" I say laughing like a hyena.

Suddenly I stop and cuss under my breath.

I knew I had forgotten something.

I quickly grab my phone from my back pocket and dial Ian's number all this while with Maddox looking at me with furrowed eyebrows.

"I forgot to call Ian" I mumble.

Rolling his eyes he says "Jayda don't tell me you were planning this without Ian's permission?"

Ian answers at the first ring.

"Jesus, Jayda. Are we leaving yet? I'm so nervous" Ian's voice answers.

"Yeah, you need to get ready and come to the diner cause I kind of forgot about you" I say sheepishly.

"You're joking right?" Ian asks through the line.

"Nope, sorry. I was just so excited that I forgot. But its okay, Maddox and I will save you a seat so just get here" I say.

"Okay, see you then" Ian says then hangs up.

"I can't believe you forgot to call the reason why we were going to the diner in the first place" Maddox mutters, I give him the finger and keep looking out the window.

I start thinking, how am I going to get Isabella and Ian together?

I mean, for sure know I wont be able to get them together this fast and I only have a day left so I'll just have to get Ian and her to start talking and if Ian plays his cards right then he should be able to have his mate by his side soon. Hopefully.