Chapter 1

The next few months passed quickly, the exams arrived before you even realized.

As you stared up at the exam building you shivered. There were so many people. Some of them didn't even look like high schoolers. More like bodybuilders. As you walked, one of your wings clipped some kid's shoulder. His fall was sort of pathetic, he didn't even move, he just... fell. You were going to apologize but some girl had already caught him, you were pretty sure they were having some sort of moment. Maybe it was best to keep your wings in tattoo form. The wind blew harshly on your back. Without your wings soft feathers blocking the winds, it was really, fucking, cold. Normally when it was cold your feathers puffed up to keep you warm. But alas, tattoos weren't very warm. You sighed and pulled yourself together, usually you wouldn't have been so irritable but nerves were making you jumpy. You just hoped no one would try to talk to you. You didn't want to bite anyone's head off. Metaphorically of course.

The auditorium you were in was spacious, but dark. The chairs were a sad dark grey-blue, and you were squished between two other people. You rested your chin on your hand and stared grumpily at the spot lit stage. The person on your left clearly didn't know the meaning of personal space, they kept pressing themselves into you. You sighed, as dramatically as physically possible, this was going to be a long test. Present Mic appeared in the middle of the stage, he began to explain the rules. He explained the bots, and the different battle zones. The person on the other side of you, (The one who thankfully did understand the concept of personal space.) started yelling at the guy next to him. The guy next to him turned out to be the guy from outside, the one you tripped. Small world. On the blond boy's card you saw the words, battle ground A. You stared at your battle card. Battle ground A. Ugh, you really didn't want to be in the same fighting ground as fucking "blond boy". Another boy stood, why were there so many dudes here? You were tempted to stand up and yell "WHERE ARE ALL THE HOT GIRLS" as loudly as you possibly could just to see how people would react. You wouldn't, but you wanted to. The boy was yelling something, you didn't like it when people yelled. It was annoying. Something about the rules and UA being a failure and whatnot. You zoned him out. However you couldn't zone out Present Mic's response. He was louder than you remembered him being on TV and his radio show, but of course that was to be expected. You couldn't turn down the volume of life. Unfortunately.

Finally the stupid assembly was over. Once you got outside you took a moment and inhaled deeply, the crisp air relaxed your nerves a little. You wished you could let your wings out, but it was still too crowded. People were jostling you from side to side, trying to get to their respective battle stations. You tried to weave through the crowd, it didn't work. You got hit in the face more times than you'd have liked to admit. You made it to your battle center and bumped straight into Blond boy. He snapped around.

"HEY DUMBASS WATCH WHERE YOU'RE GOING." You stared at him.

"Hey sorry man, no need to go off like that." You said as calmly as you could.

"Don't tell me what to do, you damn extra." Who did this spikey ass anger fuck think he was? You glared at him and noticed the small explosions sparking in his palms. You could admit that creating explosions was a strong quirk, you didn't doubt he could get into UA, and you really didn't want to be written off the participants list for fighting with another person. Present Mic announced the beginning of the test. You grinned at the angry fuck.

"I'll see you in class." with that you finally let your wings back out and took off straight up. The test was easy enough, you'd glide above the cityscape and dive down when you saw a bot, plunging your sharp talons through the metal like it was play-do, and tearing out the inner circuitry. Then taking back off into the sky. Once blondie reached one just before you did (and it was a three pointer too) you saw that his quirk was exactly what you thought it was, creating explosions. You veered back upwards before he could see you and potentially explode you out of the sky. That would be against the rules of course, but looking at him you really didn't think he cared. You kept flying, destroying all the robots in your path. You were pretty sure you had a good amount of points by now, but you'd stopped paying attention. Addition was not something you had time for whilst fighting hordes of test robots. Or ever really.