Chapter Forty-eight: I will

TW: May contain blood and violence.

"Did you heard what happened in the Graycrest Empire?"

"To think that Grimmpelt Kingdom would do that-"

"I know right, I hope that the Imperial family--"

. . .

The wagon went to a stop, we have arrived. I'm wearing a green blouse shirt, a leather corset belt and tight leather pants.

 I wore a different type of mask today which covers my nose down. I still wore the cloak and kept my hair in a high ponytail.

(Minus the necklaces, fur skin, and longer sleeves with no leather arm straps)

"Celeste-sama, I- I would like to have some of the candied fruit p-please?" Hades stuttered.

"Aww sure, why not? let's look for a stand." I got down of the wagon and took a fresh breath in, the streets were bustling with people. I saw a stand a little far from where I was standing. 

After a bit squeezing through the crowd I managed to reach the stand, "Good day how much for one of these?" 

"Only 15 bronze curros, miss" The woman smiled, I handed her the money and walked out with the stick, I sent it to my mind space to let Hades taste it.

I did what I was here for, the food. 

I went to different stores and bought all sorts of delicacies. Exotic food that I never tasted before, everything was quite interesting. Even their cafes had a different menu which was enjoyable.

"Fu~ I'm stuffed" Hestia lied down on her back with her wings flopped on the sides. I was still busy shopping for any souvenirs.

'I think this looks nice' I thought to myself with a smile. It was already half past 9 in the evening so I needed to set up my camp.

After I bought it, I was walking when I heard a female voice yell.

"Somebody help! P-Please! Assassins!"

It was coming from right behind me, at the corner of the street. There were five big built men wearing masks, they were hostile. At the other side were two women, the one who I presume yelled was standing in front of the woman with a cloak.

There was another two men, royal knights in disguise. One was passed out and the other was bleeding. The maid too was bleeding and she was a combat maid.

"My Empress, please run!" The maid yelled, one of the assassins was about to attack so I stepped in.

"Clay hook." His leg was bounded with heavy painful clay that pinned him down onto the earth's surface. He yelled in pain.

I snapped my fingers and healed the maid and the two knights. I faced the four assassins and smiled.

"You see Hades, Celeste-sama can be..kind of sadistic at times but I promise she's nice." Ares explained.

"It's quite unfair that I'm using magic so why don't you use magic as well, yeah? and I'll use my glaive too while you swing your sword~" 

"Shut up brat!" A little after that their comrade that was bounded by my clay hook was screaming in agony. Then a loud snap was heard, mhm..I broke his legs.

"AHHHH" It was with spikes too so~

The four stared at me horrified, "So? If you don't make the first move then I will" I moved to pass them and swung my glaive once.

"H-Ha! You were jus-" Then his arm fell to the ground. He yelled out in pain, "M-my arm! My Arm!!" 

"Pfft- I told you." I laughed. The reason why the other three were unresponsive was that one of them was knocked unconscious, the other had their neck sliced, the other was hit so hard in the chest that he is having difficulty in breathing,

Which would result in him having a heart attack later. I spared one of them because one the knights were royal knights and it meant they were escorting royalty. two, the maid clearly stated 'Empress' he would be interrogated.

Worst case scenario for him is in the torture chamber for attempting assassination on the Empress meanwhile the best-case scenario for him is the guillotine, least amount of pain there.

I hid my glaive again and cleaned myself up," I do hope I did not startle you that much, Empress Kaida Nelise Draigoch. Do you mind me checking your pulse?"

She was weak, her face was pale and even though she was putting up a strong front, she smells of near death.

Her eyes widen, "Stop! don't you dare!" The maid blocked the Empress from me then the knights went to defense.

"Move aside, let her do what she wants." The empress ordered. I approached her and checked her pulse, "Empress, I will just examine your body if that's alright?" she then nodded her head.

"Full Body Scan"

... " You were poisoned with a different special kind of botulinum toxin, a milder one per se. The only way you could get this is if you ingested it, either by your food or drink. This explains why you are having difficulty in breathing right now, it will be followed by muscle paralysis then death." I explained.

"I-Is there a way to cure it? " The maid stuttered.

"Only those who know what it is and how to do it can, So yes there is, like this for example." I held out my hand and cast my spell on the Empress.

She glowed a bright green and gold then it dispersed. "I..I'm cured? I'm cured! Please, please save my husband and daughter. They are poisoned as well..please" She begged and kneeled on the floor.

"Please don't kneel Empress Kaida but are you saying t-that Ophelia is poisoned..a-as well??"

"Yes"

To be Continued . . .

Empress Kaida Nelise Draigoch