TWELVE

Sirius Black stared at the small cottage, his hands gripping the steering wheel tighter and tighter, his heart rate increasing

Sirius Black stared at the small cottage, his hands gripping the steering wheel tighter and tighter, his heart rate increasing. Remus sat beside him, looking back at Lyndy and back to Sirius wanting the entire situation to end. But Lyndy, she rolled her eyes and shuffled out of her seatbelt.

The ten year old climbed on the centre console to sit between her two father having enough. "We have been sitting here for far too long to the point it looks like we're creeping on them. Now, let go of the wheel, unbuckle the seat belt and be a fucking man."

"Lan—" Remus was cut off by the young girl who sent daggers at him, the man opening his own door and getting out.

Lyndy followed Remus and tried to catch up to him, his long legs allowing him to travel faster. She took his hand, something she always did to both of them. "How come Daddy's so scared?"

"During the war, Sirius was forced into a lot of things he really didn't want to do. He had a cousin names Bellatrix who was older than him and she manipulated him, she used the imperious curse to control him and forced him to be with her. She made him kill a lot of people, a lot of people he knew but one of them was Ted Tonks, his favourite cousin's husband, the women's house we're in front of right now and your dad, he blames himself for everything that happened even though he wasn't in control."

"Is that why he drank? To forget all the bad stuff?"

Remus nodded, "I understood at the beginning, right after the war, after Bellatrix was killed and the spells wore off, he drank to forget but it was like he drank to erase."

"To erase what?"

"Everything. War does a lot to a person sweets, it causes pain and it leaves trauma."

"You never talk about what happened to you."

"That is because I ran, I went to a werewolf colony and recruited people in parts of the world that weren't even effected. I pretended like I was doing good when really I wasn't doing anything."

"How come?"

"I lost the love of my life, and I watched him crumble until there was nothing left. I couldn't bare to watch anymore."

"Dad?"

"Hm?"

"I think your really brave."

The man looked down at the girl, perplexed by the small statement that meant more to him than he realized, "I ran."

"You did but you never stopped fighting."

The car door slammed shut, Sirius walking with determination to the front door, the other two blinking as he flashed by, "I guess we're going in," Remus gestured to Lyndy, who chuckled at the dramatic moment.

Sirius knocked on the door, his feet shuffling and hands in his pockets, only for Lyndy to take one in her own hand, reassuring him that she was there.

Andromeda opened the door, the widest grin on her face as she launched herself at the man, "I have missed you so much Siri!" The older women continued to ramble on and Remus and Lyndy smiled as they watched Sirius's last worries wash away.

The last reason he still had to drink was gone.

They entered the house, Narcissa sitting on the couch with a teenage Dora and annoyed ten year old Draco. The other women got up to talk to her cousin, the four adults mixing in conversation and catching up about everything since the eldest had left her him when she was sixteen.

Lyndy walked over to the silver haired boy, the teen wearing head phones and dismissing her cousins existence.

"That's Dora, she is nice but she's always grumpy."

"Why?"

"She said it's because she misses Charlie?"

"Charlie?"

"Weasley, her boyfriend. Or maybe it's a girl thing."

"Excuse me."

"And who are you?" Draco asked ignoring the previous comment.

"I am Lyndy Lupin-Black."

"Your lucky you have two dads, I don't even have one."

"Where did he go?"

"Azkaban."

"Oh." Her eyes widened for a moment the statement not being one she expected.

"Yeah."

"Well, you can sleepover whenever, we are cousins after all, and now you have two uncles in your life."

"I suppose. . ." The boy spoke suspiciously, "how come you aren't scared of me, or hate me? My dad was a murderer."

"Your father was, yes, but you are not your father and I have not met you fully yet, how can I judge you when I hardly even know you?"

And this was only the beginning because the pain had completely ended and it was time for the healing. Sirius could heal. Remus could heal. Lyndy could heal. The world could heal.

I'm not sure about this one but it felt necessary to write. I hope you all liked it and Draco Malfoy is know added to the mix. There is only one more person left I need to introduce, anyone know who it is?