MAMA Stage: Part 1

Evie and Mark awkwardly sat in the meeting room, waiting

Evie and Mark awkwardly sat in the meeting room, waiting. They were in the SM building, where the others would be gathering.

Prior to the beginning of the show, the producers wanted to feature a performance on MAMA, Mnet Asian Music Awards. It was decided that they would meet in SM's building, so the two were waiting for the others to arrive.

Evie glanced over at Mark, who was fiddling with his phone. The two were actually quite close, both hailing from Canada. They arrived in Korea around the same time, and naturally became close. To her, Mark was like an older brother she never had, one that constantly gave her advice on both being an idol and leader.

The two also had sibling-like habits, Evie leaning over to see why Mark was so focused. She smirked once she realized he was texting his girlfriend, Julianne.

Before Evie could make a snarky comment though, Mark noticed, slamming his phone down on the table. "Yah, what are you doing?"

"Nothing." Evie replied, but the grin on her face made it obvious that she was lying.

"Yeah, right." Mark rolled his eyes, chuckling. "You saw didn't you?"

"You suck at hiding it." Evie teased. "But Markie in love is cute."

"Don't call me that."

"Markie. Markiepoo~"

"Yah!"

Evie threw her head back, laughing as Mark pretended to throw a punch at her. As much as she liked to tease him, she knew that Mark would never lash out, no matter how far it got. That only made it more fun for her though.

A knock sounded, quickly grabbing their attention. They both stood up as the producers, writers, and guests entered, the group quickly greeting each other and going through some quick introductions.

Evie found it hard not to react as they got settled, recognizing some of the others there. She could tell Mark felt the same as his body stiffened, nodding his head before taking his place beside her.

"We want to do a stage featuring the leaders for each group participating." The head writer explained, his hands laced in front of him. "That's why we asked all of you to be a part of it."

Ten of them, the ten leaders of each group that will be competing in "Rule It All." Mark of NCT Dream, Sangyeon of The Boyz, Bang Chan of Stray Kids, Serim of Cravity, Jungwon from Enhypen, Minji of Bermuda, Evie of Gaia, Julianne of Amare, Hyera of FaeZe, and Chaeri of Cappuccino.The tension was thick, knowing that soon, they would all be preparing performances to compete against each other, trying to win the votes of fans.

"We have some ideas, but we also want to hear feedback from you." The writer continued. "We know each of you have your own skills to bring to the table, so we want to showcase them to the best of our abilities."