CHAPTER NINE

Keefe.... *sigh*

Keefe went to the..

*Shudders* Library *Shudders again*

Why am I doing this again? Why am I going to one of the most..uncomfortable places in the entire Elvin world?

Because Sophie. Because you need to figure out who or even... what she is. And more on brain pushes. Because she's too mysterious and I'm too smart not to try to figure it out. He told himself, as he headed to the leapmaster where his mom was sitting on a beach chair.

Wait, what?

Oh, she was trying to figure out where everyone was going. Does she not have anything better to do than be a stalker? And she's doing it while sitting on a BEACH CHAIR! WHO DOES THAT?

Okay, if she insists on watching where I'm going, she'll be surprised to hear that I'm going to the library.

And she maybe won't believe me

Keefe smirked at his mother, who raised an eyebrow. Again with the eyebrow? Well, if she can do it, so can he.

Keefe raised an eyebrow at Lady Gisela, who raised hers higher than his. Okay, this was actually getting hilarious.

"Oh mother, could you please try not to be creepy for a second? I mean, why are you sitting on a beach chair facing the leapmaster?"

"I can do what I want, so please, continue with where you are going." She stared at him, unblinking, and Keefe stared back, taking that as a challenge.

She blinked.

"YESSS! I WON! HAHA! I knew I could be creepier than you if I tried!" He laughed and ran directly at the leapmaster. "Mysterium Library!" He announced, smirking at his mother.

She raised an eyebrow, and that was the last thing he saw before he was facing a huge building he had never seen, of course, with a crystal sign reading, "Mysterium Library".

***************

Keefe didn't actually expect to find anything good. Sophie was an elf, and not every elf had a book written about them when they were 13 years old.

But maybe, just maybe he could fit some puzzle pieces together and BAM! Mysterious Miss Foster will be mysterious no more.

Okay, it won't be that easy. Keefe walked up the wide, twisted steps that circled up to the door of the library. His eyes searched the library from the inside, widening at the sight of so many books.

Endless shelves of books, reaching from floor to ceiling. All around walls, inside walls, literally BEING the walls. Books of every color, every genre. All the information in the world was probably in here.

Woah, was that a.... A book about "The Art of Styling Hair?"

Keefe stepped inside, thinking about how he did NOT need that book. In fact, maybe he should write his own book about styling hair. It would sell better than that book.

He walked to the lady by the desk, which, by the way, was also surrounded by carts and shelves and tables of books. He assumed she was the librarian, because it said so under her name on her name tag.

"Hello, Lady.. Lindra." Keefe said, as if he knew her. She looked up sharply, surprised at being addressed by her name.

She narrowed her eyes suspiciously. "How do you know my name?" She asked, squinting at him, probably wondering if she knew him from anywhere.

"It's..uh.. on your name tag." Keefe said, confused. Did she not know she had one?

She glanced down, s then rolled her eyes. "I knew we shouldn't have gotten these. But nooo, the committee thought it would create a sense of 'community' if people knew our names. Do you think it creates a sense of community?" She asked Keefe.