31-Play Pretend

One week later...Mexico

Alora cried as she curled up like a ball in bed. One week had passed since she found out about the death of Axel. Since then the vomiting worsened but she hid her sickness away from Nash. She couldn't risk them giving her medicine that could possibly harm her. For the past week, all she dreamt about was Axel and her having a happy ending but she would wake up and cry realizing that dreams don't come true after all. The room door creaked open and Alora sat up quickly to see who walked in. She wanted an escape but had no idea where she actually was.

All she remembered was being on a plane before falling asleep. The man walked into the bedroom with his hat hung low covering his face. He inhaled sharply and Alora looked at him weirdly.

"I missed you Alora"

Alora's eyes widened as she recognized his voice. The same monster that ruined her childhood.

"Stay away from me!" Alora screamed loudly

All Alora could do was scream the inner child in her was afraid and weak. His voice was enough to cause goosebumps. Heath Rynner, also known her whole childhood as her "father". It's said he adopted Alora along with his wife who died when she was young.

He was never a father to her more as a monster in her nightmares. The same nightmares she stopped having ever since she met Axel but how do you wake up from a nightmare in human flesh.

"You can yell all you want no one is coming to save you."

Alora didn't say a word

"You'll marry my nephew in a few months" Heath smiled

"I won't marry anyone. My heart belongs to Axel"

"He's dead" Heath laughed

Alora was beyond pissed but knew if she moved an itch to attack him she could possibly get zapped with the metal device around her neck.

"You're marrying my nephew Nash and that's final. Now one of the maids will bring a dress to you. Get changed so you and Nash can have dinner" Heath said before slamming the bedroom door

Alora fell back in the bed and stared into the ceiling.

"How did I get myself into this mess?" She whispered to herself

The bedroom door creaked open once again. A woman with shoulder-cut hair and an eye patch walked in with a long floral red dress rested in her arms. Alora noticed the scar against her cheek but the woman looked so familiar she couldn't put her finger on it.

"Here's your dress Ma'am," The woman said

"I'm Alora you don't have to call me Ma'am," Alora said

"My apologies"

"I'm Bruna I'll be your personal maid during your stay here," Bruna said

"I don't really like the idea of a personal maid but thank you"

Bruna nodded and left

Alora frowned as she looked at the dress. She didn't want to have dinner or anything at all with Nash. Alora got up and changed into the dress. She decided that as long as she complied maybe she could outsmart them and escape.

Bruna knocked on the bedroom door fifteen minutes later.

"Are you done?" Bruna yelled out from the door

"Um yes," Alora said

The bedroom door creaked open and Bruna walked in.

"You look so lovely!" Bruna said

"I don't feel lovely at all" Alora said

Bruna looked around She kneeled in front of Alora

"I know I can tell. I've been hearing shouting from this room also" Bruna whispered

"It's the only thing I can do. Having this device around my neck doesn't make things easier" Alora whispered

"Can I fix your hair?" Bruna asked

"Sure," Alora said

Bruna brushed and braided Alora's hair.

"We'll have to destroy the remotes Alora," Bruna said

"Huh," Alora said

The room door creaked open and Bruna continued to fix Alora's hair and even added earrings to complete the look. Nash watched quietly.

"All done. I'll set fresh clothes for you on the bed so you can shower and change before the night" Bruna left after

All Alora could think about was Bruna's words. Was she willing to help Alora escape?

"You look my beautiful" Nash said with a smile

Alora smiled fighting back her disgust.

"Ready for dinner?" Nash asked

Alora nodded

Nash took hold of Alora's hand but she pretended to be in pain.

"Ouch! My thumb!" Alora said lying

"I'm sorry!" Nash said

Alora nodded and refrained from laughing as she continued on with her acts. Nash guided Alora to the garden but the only thing Alora paid attention to were the doors and possible exits so she could escape.

Nash opened a door that led to outside. There were pick roses everywhere and a table decorated with candle lights. Nash pulled the chair out for Alora to sit. She complied and had dinner with Nash. Alora felt sad and hurt; this was the last place she wished to be.

After dinner, Nash and Alora walked around the garden. Alora noticed a weapon sticking out from his pocket but she also noticed a device.

Do I take the weapon or device? Alora thought to herself

~

~

~

Authors Note

UH! OH! What will Alora do? Why does Nash want to Marry Alora? Will Bruna help Alora? Will Alora escape? Find out in the next chapter! Thanks for reading xx