Eighteen

The drive to The Hamptons was three hours long. Honestly, driving down to The Hamptons with Brennan and Logan reminded me of old times. I loved seeing all of the sights and restaurants that I used to love.

"Nothing has changed in this city." I said with a smile. 

"And I don't mind it a bit." I added.

Brennan nodded his head. "It's nice to be back here with you."

He was driving Logan and me to our grandparents' house where we would be staying for the week. I carefully planned out this week to make time for my family, Brennan, and my friends. Tonight, my grandparents were cooking a super Italian meal to welcome us back.

Monday, I was spending time with Logan and Brennan.
Tuesday, Logan and I were going to New York to see our friends.
Wednesday, Brennan had a date night planned.
Thursday, was still up in the air.
Friday, I was supposed to attempt to meet up with my dad.
Saturday, we were going back to Connecticut. 

"I cannot believe that we're back here." Logan said in shock as we pulled into the driveway of my grandparents' house.

It was a white traditional Hamptons house that held so many memories. I couldn't believe that that I was back here.

Oh, East Hampton, I missed you.

"My girls!" Nonna walked out of the house and pulled Logan and me into a hug.

"I missed you both." she kissed our cheeks.

I looked at her and smiled. "We missed you too."

"Brennan!" she moved away from us. "Thank you for driving them."

He hugged my grandma. "It's no problem."

"I'll let everyone get settled, but I'm always next door if you need anything." Brennan reminded us.

I nodded my head. "Perfect. I'll text you later."

We waved goodbye and walked into the house.

Everything still looked the same from the family pictures on the wall to the furniture. I loved seeing Dylan's sweet face.

"Nonno is at the store getting everything for dinner and getting you girls some snacks." Nonna informed us. "Maybe we can go do some light shopping. I would love to treat my girls to some clothes."

Logan and I looked at each other and smiled. 

"Sounds good." Logan agreed.

"Alright, go unpack." my grandma told us.

I always slept in the room that had floral walls, a canopy bed, and a window seat. It felt surreal to be back in this room.

I remember giggling in here with my sisters or Brennan sneaking in late at night.

Now here I was at almost eighteen years old.

I don't even think fifteen-year-old me would ever expect my life to turn out like this.

Logan and I unpacked, freshened up, and drove out to the shops with my Nonna. We went to Reformation, Alice + Olivia, Intermix, Love Shack Fancy, and had a light lunch at one of our favorite delis.

Our Nonna brought us so many clothes. I forgot I used to live like this.

When we got back to the house, Nonno was already starting to make dinner.

"Good god, look at all those shopping bags." he commented.

"Whatcha cooking?" I hugged him.

"Bistecca Alla Fiorentina, roasted potatoes, and  your Nonna is going to make peach bellinis." he responded