Chapter 10

"Azferene? You okay now?" They were getting ready for their day when he asked, standing behind her and glancing at her through the mirror.

She was ignoring him from the past week, just like he did. Had stopped doing his chore and saw him getting frustrated not finding his things in place. But she didn't budge. She was too hurt to even acknowledge him. He didn't even care to come and ask about her health in the hospital, and now when she was all okay, alright enough to get back to work, he was asking about her health.

"I am better than when I was in the hospital." Her sarcastic comment pierced through his heart.

"I am sorry. I couldn't gather myself to look at you in that condition after knowing I was the cause. And I couldn't even take care of my wife." He said looking away, standing in the same position.

"Wife? Do you even know the meaning of it?" She scoffed, continuing tieing her hijab.

"I am really sorry Azferene. I was stupid to act like that with you. Please forgive me." His eyes pleaded to her.

"Okay. I forgive you. What now? Are you going to divorce me? Or just leave me like that?" Turning around she leaned back on the dressing table staring directly at his soul.

"Why would I do that?" His voice raised an octave.

"Because that's what you are good at. Leaving people. Running away from them. Not letting them enter your life. Right?" Haroon was spellbound to her true words. She was right. "You are as good as Aman only in this category. He chose the wrong path for himself because he had one flaw, infertility. And he took out his rage on me physically. And you are doing the same. Although you don't have any flaw you are torturing me mentally. What was my fault in both the situations? What sin had I done to get this type of hus…" her words died down as Haroon pulled her hand which was in the air while talking and engulfed her in a hug. An embrace he never wanted to let go. He never wanted to move away.

"Haroon...leave me." Azferene could only whisper as his breath tingled her neck.

"Don't…" his whisper was painfully slow, making her insides churn.

"Haroon…"

"Please Azferene. Please...I am tired. Tired of running away from you. Tired of running away from love. Tired of caging myself so that no one could hurt me. I was wrong about you, I was so wrong...please forgive me. You have a big heart. Bigger than me. I was an idiot to behave like that with you. Please…" she could feel her neck getting wet with his tears.

Her own throat was clogged with emotions.

"Haroon…leave me." Her tone was somewhat stern this time making him leave her this time. Without looking in his eyes, she picked up her purse and left the room along with her trace behind.

She couldn't concentrate on her work the entire day. Haroon's face and his remorseful eyes kept flashing in front of her eyes from time to time. She was glad there wasn't much work today.

Her heart would burst with emotions thinking about him wanting a chance. That means he wants a future with her. Not that she won't forgive him. She already did! It was just that...she wanted to test him. See that till when he can tolerate her ignorance.

When she came out of the boutique that evening, Haroon was already standing leaning on his car. As soon as he saw her, he straightened up. After getting out of her shock she came towards him and sat in the car without uttering anything. He grinned.

When was the last time he was this happy? He realised he was falling for her. Hardly. Badly. Immensely. And he had no regrets. He was sure she would give him a chance. She had a big heart, he knew that much about her. And she didn't even tried to prove him wrong. She fought for herself, fought with him to have her heart safe. Tested him in every way and he wasn't a fool to not be prepared for it. He was her husband after all. But that day, they knew that hardships would end soon. It was a new beginning for them.