Remember

Link looked Impa in the eyes. He knew he had to tell her what was going on. She had to know the truth. But did he have the strength to do it? Trying to hold back, he turned on the Sheikah Slate and showed to the elder the album containing all of the photos Zelda had taken. Every single one had been marked with a little icon.

"I found all the memories," he told her.

Impa looked at them all, then back at Link.

"And? What did you see?" she asked.

The Champion was silent at first, before saying.

"Nothing of importance."

Impa suddenly spoke up in a much more stern tone: "That does not answer my question. What did you see?"

"I saw... pain. So much pain. And the end. I saw my failure to defeat Ganon, how the sword that seals the darkness refused to work..."

His voice began to crack, as he couldn't hold back the emotion. The memories wouldn't stop, they wouldn't stop coming back to his head, reminding him of the blame he now carried.

"Is that why you have refused to speak to me earlier? Because you remembered something which was a fact you already knew about, that you died during the Calamity?" asked Impa.

"No!" Link shouted, his eyes starting to well up. "I-i failed them... The Princess, the Champions, the King, everyone... They all died because I couldn't stop the Calamity. They didn't deserve to suffer because of me!"

He clenched his fists. He didn't want to cry in front of her, how could he? He was meant to protect Hyrule. And yet, here he was.

"And now... Hyrule is doomed because I can't do the one job I had! What was the point in me finding these damned memories? So I could remember the fate I've doomed Z- the princess to?!"

Impa was silent, before saying: "Only if you stop right there. If you don't find the ending to the story."

"What ending? I've found all the memories."

"... Or have you?"

The old Sheikah got up from her stump, grabbing her cane.

"Follow me." she told Link.

Impa then led him back to Kakariko Village. Cado had fallen asleep by the wooden steps, snoring loudly as they passed him by. Entering the house, Impa looked back at Link.

"I believe it is now time. I will reveal the location of the final memory."

Link was confused. How was it that the location was not in the Sheikah slate.

"Here is what happened..." the elder began to explain, "Lady Zelda gave me specific instructions. She asked me to wait to show you this."

She walked up to one of the walls of her house. Upon it hung an almost lifelike depiction of a familiar place. A large field surrounded by mountains, dead guardians strewn about all over the place. Part of the area was swamped in from rain.

"This is the final picture." she told Link.

" she told Link