twelve » not a date!

"We aren't dating!" "We aren't dating!"

Both Namjoon and Yuna speak at the same time. They turn over to see Jungkook and Ara looking, more like gawking at them.

"Yeah, we aren't dating."

It's a statement. Namjoon declares that they're not dating. This is true. They're not.

"You don't need to date to actually go on a date," Jungkook says, "Friends go on dates all the time."

Yuna pauses to think. Are they friends? They just had a conversation introducing themselves. Surely they are not friends friends? Maybe acquaintances? Still strangers? She doesn't know.

"Exactly," Ara agrees to Jungkook, adding, "And please don't tell me you're not friends. You did drop the honorifics. Right, Namjoon Oppa?" It felt like Ara was purposefully mocking Namjoon with the 'Oppa' card. Clearly, she isn't a big fan of honorifics. [The author is not as well. If it wasn't obvious.]

"Well—" Yuna starts, thinking of reasons to convince the younger ones.

"I think we should go." Namjoon speaks up, "Unless you're busy. I don't have anything to do anyway. It'll be fun."

"Come on, why are you thinking so much, let's go!" Ara whines.

It won't harm to go, right? And besides, all Yuna had planned for her evening was to complete her essay and then cry over some drama while eating ramen.

'Sometimes, you gotta have fun, girl! How will you survive in this dull world?' She remembered her grandmother's voice, and a smile stretched on her face.

"Okay, I will come. Let's go!" she finally agreed and everyone smiled.

"Okay let's get this double date!" Jungkook fist-pumped the air.

"IT IS NOT A DATE!" "IT'S NOT A DATE!"

Well, here we go again.