WHO CARES.

"he's late. he's late on the first day." ava said to ethan as they sat in the back of the classroom waiting for the teacher. ava made sure to leave a seat in-between them. "what kind of teacher is late on the first day?"

ethan sat there scrolling through instagram to pass the time. "i knew having mr. keating for english was goin to be lousy." she continued.

ava looked away from the front of the classroom and at him, "hello? are you listening?" ethan reluctantly looked up from his phone and put it in his sweatpants pocket. "i was listening i promise. mr. keating, lousy, you knew it."

she rolled her eyes at him. ethan leaned over in his seat, "maybe you wouldn't think i was ignoring you if you didn't make us sit a whole seat apart."

ava couldn't stop the smile from escaping her lips, "don't you think us sitting next to each other is suspicious?

ethan swiftly got up and sat in the seat beside her, "i think not sitting next to each other is even more suspicious, ava."

ava's smile began to grow. she still didn't understand what it was about ethan that made her all giddy even when she was in the worst mood.

"sup!" christian walked in the classroom and sat in ethan's former seat. "i heard this is mr. keating's class so we are kind of in for it this semester." he said talking to the pair, "but its good because greg, last year's football captain, said that he hardly assigns homework so."

the pair awkwardly smiled at christian while his smile widened, "hey look at that you guys are getting along. you're even sitting beside each other."

ethan started to speak when the teacher arrived, "okay class, sorry im late. i had a personal matter to attend to."

meanwhile..

marceline sat in the back of the library with her headphones in and her eyes closed. she was listening to the neighborhood when rowan spotted her and took out one earbud, "you didn't tell me you're free this period."

pausing her music she looked to rowan who sat beside her, "i told you, you were just high."

rowan placed her head in her arms on the table, "you're probably right." she mumbled. marceline chuckled at her short term memory. she was about to press play on her music when rowan shot up, "oh shit!"

mar was spooked, "what?!" rowan giggled, "have you seen big man on campus yet? is this gonna be awkward for you? ya know.. seeing him?"

marci shrugged, "im not thinking about it. if i see him, i see him." she furrowed her eyebrows as she took out her other headphone, "what about you? why don't i ever see you with someone?"

"im not looking. it'll find me." was all rowan said leaning back in the seat. marceline looked at her suspiciously, "okay miss, I wear sunglasses and baggy pants inside the library because im cool like that."

she playfully snatched the shades off of her face making rowan squint, "well what do you look for in a guy?"

"well first off," rowan started as she snatched her shades back and put them on like a headband, "i don't 'look' for just guys. i date people. i don't like to label myself, if i like you i like you. i don't really care for gender."

marceline's eyes widened, "well how come you never told me this?" rowan sat forward, "because it's not a big deal, if you're hot you're hot. who cares."

marceline never thought too much about sexuality, let alone other peoples. "who cares.." she mumbled to herself as rowan pulled out her phone.