Chapter 39- Surprise

hello my lovelies,

I hope you had a great day today and if not, I promise you there will be better times.

Have fun reading and always remember that you are amazing and enough.

I love you, bye.

Don't worry- the next chapter will be up in a few hours. It's almost finished.

Amara Thorne

„They are all here, Mrs. Calvetti," Zuzanna says as she enters my room.

I am so glad she decided to come with me to Sicily to be my main maid. Ok, I didn't really give her a chance.

I would have missed her.

"Thank you, Anna. I will be there in a second." I reply as I put in my earrings.

Since Vivian told me and Felicia I can't erase the smile on my face anymore. This is what she needed. What Darius needed. And maybe I needed this baby too. Seeing my best friend happy is the most important thing for me.

And I meant it... I will protect this little devil with everything I have. And if I have to buy an entire island for those three so they are safe or need to build a castle where they can be happy then I will do that.

When I am finished, I turn around from the mirror and look at Zuzanna. I give her a little smile and walk past her.

"Have fun and of course behave, Miss Thorne." She warns with humor in her voice.

"Of course, mom," I reply sarcastically, as I walk out of the room.

I walk down the corridor to get to Adriano's room. Just as I want to knock, the door opens and he walks out.

Fuck.

He is wearing a dark blue suit and a tie in the same color. His wedding ring and the other two heirlooms go perfectly with it.

And with the tattoos...

I force my gaze away but not fast enough to not see Adriano's smirk.

Asshole.

"They are here," I say.

"Yeah, I know. It's obvious. Why the fuck would you stand in front of my door otherwise? Come on."

"Why must we even have this fucking dinner tonight?"

"The real question is why the fuck do you have mood swings all the time. One second you seem happy, the next you are angry. Can you fucking decide someday?"

"At least I have feelings."

"Ouch," I reply, acting fake hurt.

"So, why are we having this fucking dinner with them today?"

"Oh my God, I am sorry that it's so horrible for you to sit at a table with your friends and talk to them. Must be so hard to be you." I reply as we walk down the stairs.

"Oh, it is. You can believe me that." He replies.

"But you know I didn't mean that. I mean why today? Why so spontaneously because I actually wanted to talk to you about something."

I frown at him.

"About what?" I ask and our eyes lock with each other for a moment before I pull my gaze away.

He clears his throat.

"About the shipments. I wanted to talk to you about the shipments to the Netherlands."