Chapter 6 - The Journey Begins

It's almost time. U.A.'s entrance exam is today. My dream of becoming a hero is finally going to become a reality, after so long...

I've been training the hell out of myself for the past 10 months. While I'm self-taught with the sword, out of experience I will say, All might's been my strength training coach, and we've gotten pretty close now. Since the sludge villain, he's felt obligated to help me achieve my dreams. He's almost like the father I never had, and mom seems to like him well enough, so maybe he will be the father I never had... Ah, went on a bit of a tangent there. Anyways, the rumors were all right, he's going to be be teaching at U.A. Just another reason to be going, I guess!

He also revealed to me a huge secret: His quirk. The one that the media has been speculating for years, but no one has been able to figure out. I couldn't believe what I was hearing when he first told me it, and I nearly passed out when he offered to pass it down to me. But after the Darkwraith attacks, and my quirk's... side effects, I don't think I would make for a good symbol of peace. Zombies are normally brainless, man-eating monsters, not superheroes. So I declined his offer.

He was rather disappointed at first, but I guess he saw my reasoning, so he relented. He did have another candidate in mind anyway, so it's not a total loss. Now, where was I again? Oh, yeah, U.A. I looked into it, and it seems we're fighting robots. I've gotten way stronger since the first Darkwraith attack, strong enough to bend steel bars with my bare hands. And with how impossibly sharp and durable my sword and armor are, this should be easy enough. U.A., here I come! Time to become a hero!

At the U.A. gates

I'm here... after so long, I'm here... I can barely think straight. It's huge, way bigger in person than it looked in the website. I can't believe I'm here, it's almost euphoric! I'm finally going to achieve my dream of becoming a hero!

"The hell are you doing here, deku?"

Oh yeah, kaachan's taking the exam too.

"Stay the fuck out of my way, you sack of shit, or I'll blow your useless ass sky-high."

"Still as pleasant as ever, huh?"

"The fuck you say? What's gotten into you, yappin' back at me? You got a death wish? Did you decide that a swan dive wasn't your style, and that the best way to die would be having a go against me? Is that it?"

Ok, ouch. That may be the hardest insult he's ever thrown at me. I'm actually a little impressed.

Eh, I'll ignore him. I've gotten a lot stronger since I graduated middle school, the gym incident proved that. I've definitely got what it takes to become a hero now. I've just got to keep on going. Just take a step forward.

And then I tripped.

Or I'll just die. Again.

...

Why am I not face-down on the concrete right now?

Huh. I'm floating. Odd. I probably would have freaked out a bit before, but, floating doesn't really compare to dying 6 times to Darkwraiths, now does it?

I looked up to see a short brown-haired girl with pink cheeks standing over me. Oh yeah, Uraraka's taking the exam too!

"Hey Midoriya! Long time no see!"

"Ah, I was wondering if I would find you here! Yeah, it's been like 3 months, how've you been?"

Uraraka's been down here a few more times since I first saw her, and since I have her number, we've been in contact for the entire time. I've been dying to actually see her in real life again, since I... Um... I actually kind of like her a little bit... It's nothing big, she's just the only girl who's ever given me a chance, I would be weird not to have developed a little crush on her and oh god I'm rambling in my head again ahahahaha-