Chapter 8

"I feel like we're gonna make noise here once we finish the movie," Winter whispered, slowly getting a bunch of Doritos from her bag, handing me some.

I shoved the chips in my mouth, "What do you mean 'we'? You're most likely to make noise,"

"Dude, if I'm going down, you're also going down,"

"I won't let that happen"

"We're in the library. If I get kicked out, you will too,"

"Before they could get here, I'll hide behind those shelves," I pointed to the bookshelves in front of us.

"You die, I die, right?"

"No. You die, and I say bye," I reached for some chips, but she pulled the bag away from me.

"Karina is more fun to be with than you,"

"Why don't you go to their practice then and hang out with her?"

"And you'll come with me and hang out with Lia too," She wiggled her eyebrows. I snatched the bag from her side and hit her with it. "Ouch! What's wrong with that? You guys will hang out as friends,"

"I-" I trailed off. I thought she was teasing me and Lia.

"What? You think I'm teasing you both?"

I didn't answer. I fixed my eyes on the screen, the movie was still playing. We were watching Five Feet Apart.

We had a free subject today since our last subject teacher wasn't around, and we agreed to go to the library and watch movies. We invited the two cheerleaders, but they're having their practice right now.

"We should've just watched them practice," Winter said.

"It's hot outside and it's cold here plus the competition is next week, I'd rather watch it then rather than watching them practice as we sweat under the sun," I said, fixing my glasses. We were doing our homework so I had to use my glasses.

"At least we're there to support them during practice and the competition itself,"

"I'm not gonna go out there and let my skin burn,"

"So finicky," She scoffed, rolling her eyes.

"Excuse me?" I gasped, raising my voice a bit.

This caught the librarian's attention and snapped towards us. "Girls."

We peeked down on the balcony with a sheepish smile on our face, and together we spoke, "Sorry,"

"'I'm most likely to make a noise', yeah right," Winter mocked.

"Shut up! Let's just continue the movie, okay?" I hissed.

Sometimes people think we're a married gay couple who bickers a lot. But that's just us. We always bicker ever since we were little. Our parents thought that we won't last long and even bet on us. But we proved to everyone that our bond was strong, and nothing can ever break it. Yeah, we've had some bad fights, but we love each other. We always understand and we always forgive each other. I think that's the key to having a good friendship. Always understand one another and let your anger pass when you're having an argument. It won't do any good if you let your anger bring out the worst in you.

We got hooked into the movie and no one spoke nor moved a bit. We were just balling our eyes out because of this movie.

"Oh fuck, no!" Winter sobbed, hugging me.

"This is just sad," I sniffed, wiping my tears on my cheeks.

I guess we were loud, cause we got scolded again by the librarian. "Strike two, girls. One more, you'll be kicked out of here," She said sternly.