Chapter 27

Note: hey my lovelies!! Compliments of the season xxx 💓💓also; just an absolute thanks for being so patient I know you missed your daddy dom, but it was festive season and we needed the break to just relax and spend some quality time with family. Now that it's a new year, we can kick off with updates once again 🥺🙏🏼 thanks for your patience and support, we love you so much and we'd really like you to follow our Instagram
So we can interact with you guys on lives and so forth! 💓🥺 follow @graceandmicaela.wattpad on Instagram if you have it or twitter . Okay enough of me, let's get on with the chapter. Xx

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

*****Dom's Pov*****

It wasn't long after the call with my father that I told Mia everything that's going on. The last thing I was gonna do is have her in the dark again and have us in a shitty situation, where she's left to assume what's happening. I needed to do better with communication if we were gonna work at this being a family thing.  I know I might sound soft or like some kind of simp but it's not that, in her eyes I'm this guy who can't control his urges, his jealousy, his anger and if I'm going to show her I'm worth Christian's time, it'll just make co-parenting easier.

Co-parenting requires me to be open with her even if I'm lightly sugar coating it. As long as she knows the important bits. I can't risk anything happening to Christian or her.

She agreed to push things forward and take necessities, so that we could be on a flight by end of day and just like that being open with her pays off. Nothing better than team work, it saves me from forcing her or threatening her to get her to do as I'd like.

Jessi played her part. Making sure that everything ran smoothly with Christian as well. Making sure his routine stuck to its times as close as it could. That his naps were uninterrupted by our sudden need to uproot his life.

I haven't really taken any interest in Jessi before until now, not that I never took note but I was so obsessed with Mia's presence I failed to see anyone else out of her orbit and now I can see the role she plays and why Mia is so attached. She's a rock, when you need her, she's there giving you a hundred percent and with Christian that's the kinda people you need around, as they say, it takes a village to raise a child and I'm glad it was Jessi taking my place.

Logan is that for me. I don't know if he'd be that if it wasn't for his job title but I'd like to think we're closer than the family business and regardless he'd have my back.

Isaac came around yet again to drop off a folder for some meeting that Mia has once we're in the city. He seemed almost worried that Mia was coming with me. Wanted to know where her and Christian planned to stay and if she thinks it's a good idea to let me in so quickly and how traumatic that could be for Christian, considering he's the only male figure Christian had consistently.

This boy is so fucking lucky I'm trying so hard. The side eyes he gives me when he talks to Mia, makes me think he wants me to lose my cool, maybe so that he can keep playing the victim card and gaining Mia's sympathy. Which myself and Jessi see clear as day. The only one who seems blind to this creeps manipulation is Mia.

I'd have to keep a closer eye on him to make sure he has no place with my family. Something about him tells me this isn't the end of the road.

Once the day comes to an end, we board the Romero family jet. Mia and Jess are exhausted of the packing and planning to make this happen on my schedule, I figured they could use the relaxation on the flight, which is partly why I volunteered to get Christian to bed.

Strange enough the time I've spent with Christian today made him want to spend more time with me. I got his favourite blanket and pacifier, while he sits on my lap, resting his head against my chest, as his eyes wonder out of the window, taking in the clouds and city lights below.