ix. First

첫

JUNGKOOK WATCHED INTENTLY behind Raven, who he'd just met on another rooftop in the midst of his first adventure. Nobody in the world could beat the amount of excitement Jungkook held at the thought of being a superhero; he didn't even have to think twice. As soon as Master Chan had held out his necklace, he grabbed it and immediately tried on the suit. He was a bit eager, but eager meant determination for Jungkook. He was going to be a superhero, perhaps the best superhero.

That was until he met his so-called partner, Raven, whom he'd never heard of until this moment. He wondered why Master wouldn't mention this to him, despite the amount of training he'd already done with him.

However, his skepticism disappeared as soon as he saw her smile; the most innocent and pure smile he'd ever seen. Her smile was beautiful, and it made his heart pound and his stomach flutter. These were feelings he never had before, not even when he was crushing on the girl from first grade. The idea of being her partner, or even being remotely connected to her was an idea he willingly would follow.

"We have to draw him away from the city. Or at least somewhere he can't hurt people or destroy the buildings," she spoke up, glancing toward Jungkook. He blinked himself out of his stance, tearing his eyes away from her and to the villain in the distance.

"You're right," he nodded. An idea suddenly popped into his mind, causing him the gasp excitedly. The sound startled Mina, who gave him a look in response. "Marina Stadium! We can trap him in there and nobody will get hurt."

"Genius!" Mina exclaimed. "Where is that?"

"You don't know where the stadium is? Do you live under a rock?" Jungkook asked her, his eyebrows raised.

Mina bit the inside of her cheek. Yes, technically, she thought. "Not important," she said instead. "Let's go catch his attention. I'll follow you there."

"Make sure to keep up," Jungkook shot her a mischievous grin. "Don't want to lose you already," he said before using his power of controlling the wind to jump off the roof, flying through the air.

Mina rolled her eyes at his words before following him, feeling the wind brush through her hair.

They landed on the rooftop of a building along the street where the villain was wreaking havoc. There were people frantically running on the street, ignoring the sidewalks as cars were halting at the sight of the villain, turning around instead.

"He looks like the marshmallow man from Ghostbusters," Jungkook made a disgusted face as he glared toward the villain's back.

"Focus, Firedrake. The stadium's behind us, right? We have to lure him over there."

"We have to figure out what he wants first," Jungkook stated. "I'll get his attention," he said before quickly spotting a fire hydrant under the villain. He raised his arm, concentrating for a few seconds before they watched the fire hydrant burst, releasing a strong pulse of water that hit the villain's side. He stumbled, turning around before stomping his foot against the hydrant, completely destroying the ground. They watched as his head turned toward them, an angry grimace on his face.