Chapter Twenty-Eight

[A/N]: This is sort of just a filler chapter... so yeah. There might not be a lot to comment on.

Anyway!

My next update will be on Friday or Saturday.

- kelly_1231

Chapter Twenty-Eight

Sunday, April, 1st.

VINCENT'S POV:

"Vincent!" Somebody was hissing at me while they tried shaking me awake. "Wake up!"

          I groaned as I pulled the sheets over my head. "Go away, Carson," I murmured. "I'm tired. We don't need to leave the hotel till nine--"

          "I know, I just wanted to tell you that I'm going somewhere."

          My eyes flickered opened and I immediately turned to my side to see Carson sitting beside me. She was already dressed up as if she was going to the mall with friends or something. "Where?" I asked, curiously.

          "Brooklyn."

          "Where in Brooklyn?"

          Carson sighed as she took out something from her sweater, a peice of paper, and read the address of where she was going out loud. I didn't where that was exactly but I had feeling it would be quite a travel by cab.

          "Who's house are you going to?" I asked, sitting up so that I could be slighly closer to Carson.

          Carson half-smiled. "My dad's house," she replied, in a quiet tone. "That's the only reason why I agreed to come with you to New York City."

          I put a hand to my chest. "Ouch."

          Carson laughed out loud. "Anyway, if I want to make it back in time to catch our flight, I gotta go now," she said, getting up.

          Almost immediately, I grabbed her hand. Carson then looked down onto me with a raised eyebrow. "What now?" She asked, slightly annoyed.

          I half-smiled as I shrugged. "Do you want me to come with you?" I asked, slowly.

          A lot has happened in both me and Carson's lives over the past two years. Me and my band rose to international fame and was living the good life while Carson was basically living a nightmare. Her parents divorced, she then moved into a dingy apartment with her mom and sister, and she basically worked her butt off to not only provide for her family but to also keep her grades up. I didn't nessecarily know a lot about what happened betwen Carson's parents but I was certain about one thing: Carson never really had a great relationship with her father and i could only imagine what her feelings towards her father was now.

          Carson's face softened as she cracked a smile. "Do you honestly want to see my dad?" She asked, surprised.

          I cringed. Growing up, Carson's father never really liked me. He never actually said this but he didn't have to-- it was written all over his face whenever I came over to their house. He would just give this look as if I was going to blow up their house or something. "Well," I answered. "I really don't want to see him but I mean, if it makes you less uncomfortable--"

          "Please," Carson replied, as she shook my grasp off of her. "You would just make things even more uncomfortable--"

          "How?" I retorted.