49. EVERYTHING I NEED

I'll wait for you, it sounded in his head, even as the black Mercedes vanished from his sight

I'll wait for you, it sounded in his head, even as the black Mercedes vanished from his sight. It seemed to him that in a moment the earth would slide away from under his feet. Everything swirled around, and time seemed to stand still in one place. All he could hear was the loud rumble of his own heart, which was rushing to the tall brunet who had disappeared into the interior of an expensive car a moment ago.

He looked towards his SUV parked across the street and took a step almost automatically. He wanted to slip into the driver's seat, start the engine, and chase the young CEO. He wanted to stop him, get him out of the car and put his arms around his body again, only to connect their lips after a while and show him that he still loves him. That he never stopped loving him. He felt an almost physical pain to be close to him again, but he held back, taking a step back to increase his distance from the SUV and not to do anything stupid. He closed his eyes for a moment, and he lowered his hands along his body, clenching his fists so tightly that his knuckles turned white.

It's been a long time since he felt so torn. He wanted to follow him. Find him and say that he will go with him even to the end of the world, if only he asks for it. A moment later, he was cursing himself for being so naive and trying his best not to let his heart drown out the voice of reason that told him that he shouldn't have any contact with him. He kept repeating Jeongguk's words in his mind. It was enough that he closed his eyelids for a moment, and it seemed to him that he could still feel the warmth of his body close to his. The scent of his perfume still wafted over his head, like the gray smoke of a cigarette he'd smoked a moment ago.

When he finally managed to control his body enough to make it function in any way, he turned on his heel and opened the heavy door leading inside Kinky Heaven. He was supposed to have another client today, but he didn't know if he would be able to focus on his work and get this tattoo after meeting Jeongguk.

As he pushed the studio door open and slipped inside, he immediately spotted Yoongi sitting in the reception area. The blond tattoo artist looked up from the computer and only stared at him for a moment, as if he wanted to read from his face whether the meeting with Jeongguk had gone right or wrong. As Taehyung, however, slumped heavily on the leather couch next to the reception desk and with a loud groan, he hid his face in his hands, Min closed his laptop and pushed himself away from the desk to get a better view. Kim didn't have to say anything to let him know that the conversation with the young CEO did not go as well as the younger expected.

"You wanna talk about it?" He asked carefully, looking closely at his friend.

Taehyung groaned again, running his tattooed hands over his handsome face, then looked up at his friend and leaned back against the couch, but he was still silent, not knowing how to explain what he felt.

"Did he..." Yoongi began, but stopped when he met his friend's onyx eyes.

"It's not what you think, Yoongs," Kim said finally. "He... He's still engaged," he clarified, feeling a strange twinge in his chest at his own words. "And he didn't come here to get me back. He came here because... I don't know..." He broke off, unable to gather his thoughts.