Ursul X Royal Guard Chapter 3

"Pardon me, sir," Ursul spoke smoothly, holding her shivering form to his side in a gentle but non-romantic way. "My sister and I were cast upon your beach sometime in the last few nights and only just managed to find a city. Might you point us to some lodging?"

Eric stood hurriedly and called for servants, waving the two inside. He ran to the fire, grabbing some sheets that had been drying and wrapping them around her small frame. She smiled gently up at him and he froze, his eyes glued to their own reflection in hers.

Ursul smirked, having stood back to allow the exchange, noting how beautiful she was, even as a human. He tilted his head as Eric offered a kind word, watching tensely as the prince tucked a lock of her hair behind her ear and enquired her name.

The saint made eye contact with her supposed brother as she wrapped a small hand around the shell, refocusing on Eric when she supplied an answer.
"My name is Bella."

The shell glowed faintly as her voice rang out in the clear tones of Ariel's. She smiled when the glow of the shell reflected in Eric's eye. She turned so she stood beside him and took his arm, speaking softly. "Might you show us to a place to bathe?"

Eric blushed darkly before he regained his composure, holding Bella's hand to his arm and inviting her brother to follow as he lead them, and the maids that had appeared, to a washroom.

Ursul smirked the whole way, eyeing the way Eric's arm tensed under Bella's gentle hold with amusement. Upon arrival at the first washroom, Ursul remained by the door as Eric escorted Bella in. The maids began drawing her a bath as she turned to Eric.

Ursul watched from the doorframe as Bella spoke to Eric in a voice softer than the running water. "You're very kind for taking us in, Eric." She purred his name as she curtsied and kissed his knuckles.

Ursul tensed as the witch met his eye, still bent over the princes hand. He forced a smirk as she pulled away slowly and offered the prince a small wave. She stood in front of the bath and began dropping layers of covering. Eric's face burned red as a maid shrieked, hurrying the two men out and slamming the door.

With the oaken barrier now between him and the girl who's caramel skin had been just as dark on the small of her back as it was on her cheeks, Eric stood in a daze. It was not until Ursul clapped a hand on his shoulder that he remembered the girl's brother.

"Quite the little tease, my sister." He said through clenched teeth.

Eric laughed shakily and nodded, turning to Ursul. "She is very beautiful."

Ursul's eyes widened when he noticed a small golden glint in Eric's eyes. The shell's magic was already taking root in him. Eric smiled and turned, waving Ursul to the next washroom.

A few maids laid out clean clothes for Ursul and drew him a bath while he made small talk with the prince. When they began rolling up their sleeves though, he dismissed them, admitting himself the pleasure he felt in their disappointment.

He continued talking to Eric so as to prevent the prince from leaving as well. He folded his rags neatly and began cleaning himself, watching with amusement as, although he took part in the conversation, the prince's eyes continually moved to the door.

After Ursul dried himself, Eric assisted him in dressing. As Eric began tying Ursul's tie, he froze, his eyes shooting to the door at the sounds of singing. Ariel's singing.

"That voice..." Eric murmured.

Ursul smirked, finishing the tie himself as the distracted prince moved to the door. "Bella." He said plainly, earning a look of surprise from Eric.

The two left the washroom and waited outside Bella's. They listened to her sing, one with a pained longing and the other with thinly veiled disgust.

The maids that had assisted Bella left with bright smiles, gushing to the prince as the passed what a lovely girl she was.

Ursul was delighted at the show, thrilled at how well his actress performed. When the last of the maids passed, he waved Eric to the door. Eric waisted no time, throwing the door open and scanning the room for Bella.

She stood before a series of paneled mirrors, singing in that voice that had the prince so entranced. She swayed in the gown the maids had given to her, seeming to admire it. But in the mirror her eyes were locked on Ursul's. He followed the prince smoothly, his hands clasped behind his back.

"My my." He crooned, ending the girl's singing as she turned to him. "Bella," he stressed the name, "you are positively entrancing."

Bella smirked at the private joke and turned to the prince, holding out her arms as if for appraisal. "And what do you think... My prince?"

Eric blushed at the title and took Bella's hand, bowing to kiss it, looking up at her as he spoke in measured tone. "Neither your face nor voice could ever be surpassed in beauty."

Bella smiled and gave Eric's hand an encouraging squeeze.

Ursul frowned at the gesture. "Prince Eric," he called smoothly. "I apologize for our imposition. With your permission, we will take our leave."

Bella did not look to Ursul, but kept her eyes on Eric's, smiling sweetly.

Eric suddenly registered Ursul's suggestion, tensing as he turned to Ursul, squeezing Bella's hand. "Oh, you must stay with us."

Ursul studied Eric. When he was satisfied with the golden glow in his eye and Bella's hand in his, he smiled. "Very well."

Eric lead the pair to the dining room, never loosing his hold on Bella. Ursul followed behind, his eyes always on the pair of hands. He seethed internally, regretting his decisions with every loving whisper Bella graced Eric with. Bella hung on Eric's arm, offering musical laughs and brilliant smiles to every word he uttered.

The prince's grin grew wider and dumber as his eyes glazed over, the glow of the shell flickering in them every so often.

When they reached the dining room, Eric pulled out Bella's chair for her and then sat at the head, offering the seat across from Bella to Ursul.

Bella ate delicately, humming as she chewed and offering the love struck prince teasing glances from under her lashes.

Ursul was tense, but his expression was one of cruel pride. He was bitter toward Ariel for masking his love's voice, and jealous of the prince for stealing her attentions, but he was proud of her. She was just as wicked as he had hoped.

"You know, Bella," Ursul interjected at one point, gaining the attention of both his dining companions. "The prince was quite taken with your voice." Bella smirked and the prince blushed as Ursul pressed on. "Perhaps you could grace us with a sample."

Bella turned to the prince with an innocent smile. "On your word, my prince."

The prince nodded enthusiastically, scooting his chair back and rushing to Bella's side to help her up. She held his hand as she sang, focusing on him as if it were all and only for him.

"Ahh ahh ahhh..." She sang. "Someday I'll be... Part of your world..."

The words that had woken him on the beach washed over him now in his own home. All thoughts of Ariel fled from his mind, for this girl was his true angel. The prince's mystery girl had been found.

Ursul watched with sick delight as the prince's eyes glazed over. As Eric's face fell slack, he fell to his knee, still holding her hand. "Marry me." He all but begged.

Ursul smiled, standing and straightening his coat. He walked around the table and put a hand on Eric's shoulder. He made eye contact with Bella and she beamed at his look of approval. "Of course." The claimed siblings answered in unison.