Panting and Flour Power

As soon as Liu Quiaqio settled everything, he immediately ordered Li Dani to bring forth the oil paints that he personally made himself. He did not like the other paints because they were very easy to ruin and erase. So he made oil paint with linseed oil and modified it turpentine and white spirit, then added varnish for glossiness, then proceeded to add pigments for the colors.

Li Dani was taken back because after an accident with the emperor even mentioning pain will make his master's expression into a painful one. He was also the most joyed person to see his master overcoming his difficulties to do what he loves. His master was always talented in art, currently, he is the most talented in the arts in the Empire.  This Empire has five arts but his master was proficient in four more, after painting, dance, art, poesy, and music. His master was proficient in literature, sculpture, theater, and even architecture. 

To top it all off his master also had exceptional skills in designing. When he was the young master of the general's mansion he was the trendsetter of the upper circle, but the most important thing was that his master loved these things, he would smile so brightly when he was doing something that had to do with arts, but that all changed when he entered the palace. SO how could he not be joyed that his master is returning to his old self?

"Yes, your majesty!" Li Dani responded eagerly.

Liu Quiaqio proceeded to change into his painting clothes and sat down to choose what he going to draw. He liked cherry blossoms very much so he plans to paint a lot of them. He also plans to draw different sceneries. In the first week of this project he painted his chambers, it took him a week to paint his chambers with a beautiful cherry blossom scenery and wrote a poem on it.

 In the first week of this project he painted his chambers, it took him a week to paint his chambers with a beautiful cherry blossom scenery and wrote a poem on it

"Mommy, what are you pwainting?" asked a voice filled with childishness." (The question is what are you painting but Tao'er is 2 years old so his pronunciation is a little off.)

"Tao'er mommy is painting cherry blossoms, those are mommy's favorite flowers," He turned his body to answer his cute son's question.

"Oh, you lwike thwem Because twhey're pwetty?" He asked tilting his head in confusion. (I'm sorry for the baby talk. "You like them because they're pretty.")

"Yes, and also because all of my precious children were born when the cherry blossoms were blossoming" She answered with a voice full of motherly love.

Liu Quiaqio then embraced Tao'er and tickled him, laughter soon filled the air and they didn't seem to notice the dark figure watching them and then disappearing.

In another room a man in a striking blue robe was seating in his seat his head held high, and his face cold, so cold it looked like he could freeze all that raging fires of hell.

"Report." The voice commanded monotonously.

"Reporting to your majesty, the empress has been painting and decorating his chambers for the whole week, he did not go out to organize morning greetings. He has gotten closer to Noble Lady Yun and had been spending a lot of time with the princes and the princess. He was just playing with the third prince when this servant was there." Reported the black-hooded man with a plain voice.

"Did you see him call the Imperial physician over?" Asked the man who was non-other than the emperor with a slight worry in his voice.

"No, I did not see the Imperial physician being called over. May I ask why so I can investigate further." Asked the man with slight confusion in his voice. The emperor never cared about the empress thought the man.

"Hahaha! Why else would he ask of course it's because he slept with the empress three months ago, And the empress is more fertile than an ant! He's scared he's going to pop him another egg! Or maybe two this time! Hahaha!" A boisterous laugh came from the shadows followed by these words.

The only person who could utter such words to the emperor was  ofcourse the emperor's brother, Grand Prince Lin. They are from the same mother, but Lin Yinwei never had ambition for the throne, he was always laid back and lazy so he gave all his resources to his brother and helped him become emperor so he could laze around.

"Have you laughed enough?"Asked the emperor coldly.

"Anyways I'm going to visit sister-in-law and my nephews." He said these words and started walking out.

"Wait, I'm going with you." said the emperor coldly.

'I'm going to see was tricks you are resorting to now.' Thought the emperor

At the other side of the palace, outside of the courtyard was an ongoing war of flour between Noble Yun's yard and the empress's. It was white everywhere kids or adults were covered head to toe with flour and laughing loudly.

"Ha!, Yun Shi, It's been ten years and you still can't beat me? Tsk, tsk so disappointing" Liu Quiaqio said in a mockingly and jokingly manner.

"Is that so? Who looked like a fish that was getting ready to fry ten years ago?" Asked Noble Lady Yun Mockingly.

"That was you," Responded the empress with a plain tone.

"Ah- Y-you What I mean is that you are going down!" Said Noble Lady Yun with a competitive voice.

"Tao'er right, Ruan'er left and Hu'er middle, Li Dani right. The rest of you fall back." Said the empress with a stern voice as if they are going to war.

Noble Lady Yun's soldiers also got into position and the war of flour continued. There were so engrossed in their game that they didn't notice the three figures standing there watching them with astonishment. 

The three figures, the emperor, Imperial Concubine Shu who they have met on the way and tagged along, and grand prince Lin. They were all dumbfounded, Noble Lady Yun knew the empress? The always prestigious empress playing with flour? With a bright smile on his face? 

"The emperor has arrived." Announced the equally surprised eunuch. Everyone stopped dead in their tracks but it looks like the empress and her children did not hear anything since they were still throwing flour around.