When I Saw You...

Listen to the music, a beautiful melody on repeat while you read

"You okay there, Lonce?" Allura wiped off the excess lip gloss off Lance's makeup. It was simple a little eye shadow and highlights and eyeliner to bring out his eyes and pink lip gloss. Lance wanted that. Lance breathed in and out,"Yeah, just wedding day jitters." Allura chuckled and washed her hands,"Yes, I know. But you shouldn't be nervous. This is Keith you're marrying. The love of your life for the past 6 phoebs! But honestly, it's alright to be nervous. This is a commitment." Lance nodded. He stared at Allura, so perfect in her long pink dress with a gold belt and her white hair twisted beautifully into a flower crown of juniberries. Lance sighed,"Yeah, you're right. But I love Keith, so I'll try not to be nervous anymore. For Him." Allura nodded,"See? You are everything. He loves you too." She spun him around to face the mirror showing his body. He wore a white collar shirt and a blue bow around his neck and a sliver tightly buttoned jacket and vest. A white rose in his boutonniere. His hair was brushed neatly and he wore a matching flower clip in his hair. He blushed at himself. He was stunning.

Allura lead him to the garden. It gorgeous with white large pillars running down the aisle that were covered in designs and flowers. Lance could hear the chatter of everyone. In between two pillars were two white satin sheets, hiding him from view.  But the shadows were there. There was seats filled with family and friends. And he could faintly see a man standing at the arch that glowed brightly with lights and flowers surrounding it. Lance looked at his engagement ring, a diamond encrusted star that had rays shooting out from it. Lance shuddered and heard the music fill the air. Everyone went quiet. First, Pidge walked down the aisle with a flower basket and a green suit and headband. She grudgingly agreed to be the flower girl. (She actually enjoyed it). Then, Lance's sisters and brothers walked down into their assigned seating as his maids and men. He glanced nervously at Allura, who as his maid of honor, walked down alone and elegantly. Then it was his turn. He twisted the bouquet of roses in his hands and his father was already standing at his side. He grabbed his arm and together they lifted the satin sheets and the first person Lance looked at was Keith.

Keith was beautiful, a black tight suit that fit him beautifully, his body shown and a boutonniere held a matching flower that Lance had. His hair was just how Lance insisted it would be. Natural and long, just how Lance adored it. Lance sucked in a breath. When his grandchildren and children will ask him, what was his reaction to seeing Keith he was say,"When I saw you, I didn't see Keith. I saw the man I love become my future husband. So in reality I did see Keith." His kids and grandkids were always confused why he spoke like he was speaking to Keith, but that would remain a secret for them both. 

But for Keith?

The first thing he thought of was when he first met Lance. At the Garrison, when Lance touched his shoulder and asked for a pen to borrow cause old man Iverson would kill him if he forgot his again. He remembered that cause that was the first time they really really met. As in, Lance wasn't challenging him or calling him a rival. Lance later told him while they were dating he had the biggest crush on him and that day he wanted to be nicer and have a chance on winning him over. Little did Lance know Keith loved him the first day he called him 'Mullet Man'.  Iverson himself was sitting in the front row.

After imagining that moment, he thought of their first kiss. They had been fighting, as old friends do, because Keith was too reckless in his recent flight mission the Garrison sent him on. 

"Why do you always try so hard to the point you almost kill yourself?"Lance's voice was hoarse and raspy, but he still managed to continue screaming at Keith. Keith ran his hand through his hair,"I'm fine! You don't need to worry so much about me! I know when and how to control myself!" Lance crossed his arms, blinking back tears,"OH do you? Really? What's that scar on your face then?" Keith rolled his eyes,"It's just a scar! What do you care? Why?  It's nothing! You don't always come out of a mission unharmed." Lance pulled at his hair,"Yeah, but you don't always jump into problems that are too difficult for you!" Keith groaned,"Again, Why do you care?!" Lance had enough, the tears already started to fall out and he had done so much screaming his words came out as a pathetic mewl,"BECAUSE I LOVE YOU!? Why is that so difficult to understand?!Ever since we were kids I've always loved you but you were too busy being impulsive and jumping into training missions too high for you that you would come back bruised and battered! I'm scared that one day, you won't come back, then what would I do?Tell me, what would I do if the man I loved didn't-" Keith grabbed his waist and pulled him into a rough kiss. Lance's eyes were still shut tight and he kissed back, greedily and needily pulling at his jacket and running his fingers through his hair. Keith shuddered and tilted his head. How did he not see it before? The way Lance kissed him, pulled at him, showed so much want and passion then when their tongues touched for the first time-Keith pressed him to the nearest wall. His hands roamed all over his body, up his shirt, on his back, in his hair. Lance's arms wrapped around his neck and he didn't dare speak. His lips moved and that said enough. 

It was clear Keith loved him too, so he didn't need to speak.

After that, they had talked and apologized to each other and laughed at themselves while kissing and basking in each other.

Then he thought of all the dates they had been on then the reaction when Keith got down on one knee two years ago in the parking lot of Masa, New York. Their friends contributed to the dinner and after the romantic dinner Keith couldn't wait like he was supposed to. He was told by his friends to propose in front of their home together and they'd have a big celebration. He couldn't wait though, to get engaged to Lance. Lance got on his knees too and peppered him with kisses all over him. They got in the car eventually and spent a few minutes there holding hands and each other while Keith let out a breath and said in relief,"You said yes."

All of those thoughts in the matter of a few seconds when Lance walked up and stood right in front of Keith. He blushed, like the innocent man he was, in love and about to get married. Lance did the same and they held each others gaze for the rest of the ceremony until it came to the rings and Keith broke it. He grabbed the ring quickly and looked back up at him, placing the ring on the finger. Keith stared at the finger and did everything in his power to hold back from kissing his hand. Keith was never the crying type, but even then he had to blink back tears when Lance placed the ring on his finger. Lance squeezed his hand and didn't let go. Coran twirled his mustache and grinned happily, "I Coran Hieronymus Wimbleton Smythe, pronounce you man and husband!" Time slowed down, the confetti and the grins of everyone and the shouts was silent. Lance took a minute to look around and saw the flock of doves slowly flapping their wings over him. He looked at Allura, who was beaming and at Pidge who was screaming her guts out and grinning. Romelle was smiling and sniffling while passing another tissue to Hunk as he was dabbing his eyes and large fat tears flooded out. Shiro had his arms crossed and looked proud next to his husband Adam was held his bicep and leaned against him, smiling. They were quiet and frozen in place, their movements barely showing. Lance's eyes finally met Keith. Keith wasn't frozen. He was just looking at him wistfully and holding his hands. He let go and placed his hands on his waist and pulled them closer, their lips centimeters apart. Keith closed his eyes and rested his forehead against Lance's, whose eyes were beginning to close too,"You ready?" He whispered, as light as a feather. Lance close his eyes shut and tilted his head,"More than anything." Their lips touched and time resumed as they kissed. The screams and shouts and tears was deafening but even then Keith felt Lance smiled against his lips. Keith did too. They pulled away and it wasn't enough, Keith pulling him in for another. Lance sighed lovingly against his lips and cupped his cheeks, feeling the scar just like he did on their first kiss.

"Woah, slow down and save it for the honeymoon, you lovebirds!" Lance pulled away and laughed at Pidge's words and he threw the roses into the air as it landed straight in Romelle's arms, who blushed and glanced nervously at Allura.  Keith didn't do anything but hold him and watch his husband laugh and giggle all he wanted.

The Honeymoon was amazing. Keith actually flew them with permission from Iverson to borrow one of their planes to different countries. Korea, Cuba, Japan, Britian and a few others. But on their first night of their honeymoon, in Japan, they laid in bed and had their first night of deep passion. As husbands, of course. Keith was awake the next morning, Lance in his arms again and only the sheets as a cover up of his body. Keith looked at Lance's long lashes and the hand that was on his naked chest. He leaned in and kissed his nose, forehead, cheek, ear, eyes, lips and saw Lance's eyes flutter open. He grinned wrapped his bare arms around Keith's neck drowsily. "Hey baby." Keith chuckled,"Hey." They didn't say anymore and Keith leaned in to kiss his pink lips. They pulled away and Lance's hand untangled itself from Keith's hair and ran over his cheek. "I love you.." He'd said it so many times but every time it made Keith feel amazing. He grabbed his hand and kissed his palm, just like when he wanted to during the wedding. He kissed the rings and his fingers sighed deeply,"I love you too."

For the years that will come to them both, there will be pain and tears and anger. But with it comes love and passion and a life with each other for eternity and beyond that.