Love Poem, All For You

I can't get enough of greek stuff. Also Warning this is my first attempt at a love poem...sooo comment what chu think!! Fairytale Type!!!

Once upon a time, in a country far far away lived a boy. This boy was the center of the world's attention, known throughout the lands as the most beautiful boy ever. He wore expensive clothing, only the type his father bought. Chiffon tunics and cloaks dyed different types of blue, showing off the wealth. He didn't wear jewels but flowers crowned around his head. He had enemies, mostly of jealously and envy, but his love and friends overpowered them. He had of course many suitors, proposing to him everyday and buying him wealth and many things. He didn't care for them and his father knew it. So his father never promised him to any of them, only telling the growing suitors to try their best to win his heart. But the boy didn't have a heart. Another boy had already stolen it from him, only a year ago.

This boy was a poet, also loved by many. He was known for his songs and poems and many girls and boys surrounded him where he sat, by the fountain in the center of the city Altea. They watched him write and compose his stories of love, crime, fairytales, tragedy. "Keith, Keith!" They would call him,"Write us another!" Keith would chuckle and tell them stories of sleeping princesses, a girl who was half-fish half-human who fell in love with someone on land, a glass slipper and a maid and many others. When the rich boy first moved into the city, they created a scene. Not on purpose but the people around them saw them and marveled at their riches. They passed by the fountain and Keith looked up. The kids weren't watching him write, they were watching something else. The teenage boy whose tan skin and blue tunics were considered wealthy. The boy was smiling. He looked around and his eyes met Keith. His pink lips parted slightly and his breath was cast away. His entire face became as red as the fires of the Underworld. He became fidgety and kept staring for a second too long. His father called him,"Lance, hurry up!" The boy, Lance, snapped out of his trance. "Y-Yes father." He walked away, his hand clutching his pounding heart. Keith watched after him, his own cheeks a bright pink. Who was he? What was he like? Suddenly all these questions filled Keith's head and he was squirming with excitement. He had something to write about. Someone.

They met when Lance ran away from his home. He was upset about the suitors. It had only been a few nights since they moved in and they already were people asking him. "No, No!" He would say and would ran to what quickly became his favorite part in the village. It was on it's outskirts. It was a small forest with large evergreen trees and flowers grow everywhere. A flowing river went around with little fishes. Lance loved playing with the water. That's what he was doing, the running water splashing against his fingers. He heard a rustle in the bushes and he looked back. The boy, the poet, stepped out holding papyrus in his hands and a stylus. Lance's face quickly turned as red as wine and the poet looked at him. "What are you doing here?" 

Lance murmured, his cheeks still dusted red,"I go here when I'm upset." The poet smiled shyly,"I come when the children irritate me enough I want to unleash Cerberus on them. Also because I don't know what to write, so I go here. Legend has it that Kore or Persephone herself came here with the nymphs and here it was where Hades swept her off her feet and took her as his wife." Lance giggled quietly to himself and Keith gulped. He didn't like lying  but a little white lie never killed anyone. He had many things to write about. Lance. He didn't want the kids to know about the small crush developing in his heart for the boy. "You. What's your name?" Lance asked, shyly. Keith told him his name and Lance smiled,"I've heard you write poetry?" Keith nodded,"I do."

After that meeting, they met there so many times in the next year. They feelings grew and developed. One day , Lance waited for Keith by the river and Keith watched him, his heart pounding. He stepped out from the bushes after a few minutes. Lance turned around, his face turning a deep red,"Keith!" Lance grinned and Keith realized again and again how much he liked his smile. "What poem or song do you have for me today?" he asked with a giggle. Keith clutched the papyrus in his hands,"Nothing much..." Lance quirked an eyebrow,"Really? What is it?" Keith sat next to him quickly and with shaking hands, opened the papyrus. "This is something I wrote for..someone. I want to tell them how I feel but I didn't know how. But know I do. In a poem. But I don't know if they'll like it?" Lance stopped breathing,"O-Oh? Really? Let me hear it, and I'm sure they'll like it.." Lance didn't want anything to do with whoever the girl was, he was just being kind. Keith opened it up,"O-Okay." He breathed in and out,"Here I go." he whispered.

Fair as Gold 

By: Keith Kogane

Your eyes are as fair as gold

Though I've often been told

Your eyes are a dazzling sapphire blue

Full of joy and full of  truth

I want to take you far away from this place

Run away at a fast pace

Take you on a thrilling wild chase

Others won't keep up in the race

Your kindness in your  soul

Deserves so much more

The laughter your body enriches

Deserves jewels and riches

Gems, Emeralds, Rubies, and pearls

That belong only to a duke or an earl

All the jewels in the world

Equal to your heart of gold

Fair as gold

To live in a castle or palace

To drink from silver chalices

I'm too bold

Why should you love me?

A simple poet with barely any money to keep

Who writes and writes away

Pledges to love you anyway

But it'll be worthwhile

To ask you a small query

So simple, plain and ordinary

Would you love me?

Fair as gold

Over all wealth and money

I still ask, though I sound old

Would you love me?

Lance held in the tears that were starting to flood. After a whole year of loving Keith, it was all wasted. He stood up and his hands clenched tightly,"That's so beautiful Keith. Really and truly from the bottom of my heart." He shut his eyes and turned around to walked away. Keith quickly got to his feet and grabbed his wrist, in a hurry to not let Lance leave. "W-Wait, Lance, did you not like it?" Lance shuddered and felt the lump in his throat,"Oh Keith. It's beautifully written. I loved it." Keith gulped and his eyes showed worry and hurt."Then why do you leave like if you didn't." Lance looked back and bit his lip,"Keith, it's wonderful. I'm sure she'll love it-" Keith leaned forward and pressed his lips to the corner of his lips. Lance stopped moving and he felt the heat rush up his face. Keith turned away, his face red and burning,"I know it's not much and it's weird that I love you so much my heart yearns for you. I'm not worthy and I want you badly but it's okay. I know you don't like it when people like me come to you confessing, I just needed to tell you after a year of-" Lance jumped on him and kissed him everywhere. Nose, cheek, eyes, lips. When he got to his lips he couldn't stop. He kissed him again and again. "Keith, darling, my world, mi amor, my love, my sweetheart I could never reject you. That poem was so beautiful I loved it almost as much as I love you." Keith took a minute to process Lance's smile, his small tears, his blush, his lips. Keith smiled and held him tightly,"Lance.." He pulled away from Lance's embrace and pressed their lips together for a long time, savoring their moment together. Lance wrapped his arms around his neck and giggled against his lips. 

After that, they would spend every evening together holding each other and Keith would whisper small sweet loving words to Lance in his ear and when Lance had enough he would turn around and kiss him. Eventually, they asked for Lance's father's consent and together they lived happily ever after.