xv. invitation

CHAPTER XV
invitation

NEW YORK, USA — 2017

A FEW DAYS HAD PASSED SINCE NOAH HAD TRANSFERRED OVER TO MIDTOWN HIGH. Things were going great. He had been accepted into the decathlon team after trying out and had met a few people. It was more amazing than he had expected.

Currently though, he was in P.E class. He was doing sit-ups, as Coach Wilson had ordered him to do so. But, obviously, he was moving on faster than everyone else due to his heightened agility.

He was sat close to Michelle, who was doing sit-ups, too. Well, not really. She was literally holding a book within her hands whilst raising her arms up and down as she read through the book she held.

"Are you okay?" Noah asked.

"I'm never okay, Noah."

Noah didn't know if he should respond to that one or if he should just stay quiet. He quickly decided to stay just stay completely silent, feeling slightly concerned.

He continued to do speedy sit-ups though as Michelle continued to do extremely lazy sit-ups.

"Peter knows Spider-Man!"

Ned's extremely sudden words caused everybody to pause what they were doing. Most people just glared at Ned whilst the others went back to what they were previously doing.

Noah paused. He glanced up, his gaze fallen upon Ned and Peter. He winced, cringing once again. He knew that Peter didn't want his secret identity to be revealed.

Peter immediately shot up, briskly hopping onto his two feet. He looked between everybody in the room, finding himself to be staring at Noah the most. But, in the end, he looked at Liz and her friends.

"Uh, no, I don't-" He yelped. "I- I mean-"

All of a sudden, a black-haired boy, who went by the name Flash, slid down from a rope he was using. He began to approach Peter and Ned.

"They're friends." Ned excused.

"Yeah, like Coach Wilson and Captain America are friends." Flash snickered.

"I've met him. Yeah. A couple times." Peter stuttered. "But, it's um- Through the Stark Internship."

"Mhm?"

Suddenly, Peter turned around for a moment. He shot an intimidating glare in Ned's way, his teeth gritting as he spoke underneath his breath.

"Yeah, well, I'm not really supposed to talk about it."

"Well, that's awesome!" Flash said. "Hey, you know what? Maybe you should invite him to Liz's party, right?"

A party? Noah hadn't been informed that a party was going to happen soon. He really wanted to go now, considering the fact that the only party he had ever been invited to was a party to celebrate his parents' lives. Sad, but true.

Noah glared over at the group of teenagers. He titled his head to the side, his lips tugging into a slight smile as he pulled a knee up to his chest.

"Having a party?" He asked loudly.

Everybody glanced over at Noah for a moment, some of them slightly startled that he had tried to join in on the conversation without any warning.

Noah had noticed that the person that was staring at him most was Peter. He immediately felt flustered by Peter's staring, his cheeks faded into a bright red colour.

"Yeah, I'm having people over tonight." Liz told. "Everybody is more than welcome to come."

Peter continued to stare at Noah for a few more moments, his lips tugging into the smallest but cutest smile ever. He looked down, his face as red as a tomato at this point.

"Having a party?" He repeated Noah's question.

"Yeah, it's gonna be dope." Flash commented. "You should totally invite your personal friend Spider-Man."

"Um-"

"It's okay." Liz assured. "I know Peter's way too busy for parties anyways, so."

"Come on." Flash encouraged. "He'll be there, right, Parker?"

And with those words, the school bell began to loudly ring, allowing all of the students within the school to move onto their next class of the day.