chapter twenty-three

🔳

Jungkooks pov

"You think you like me?" Taehyung scoffed, sipping on his water bottle, he put his water bottle down and laughed again

I looked down, I was being serious but Taehyung must've thought I was joking.

That crushed me. I felt defeated, I really liked him.

"I'm being serious Tae," I admitted, putting the bowl of popcorn on the coffee table and facing him .

"Yeah right, you're missing the best part." Taehyung scoffed once more, his eyes not leaving the TV.  I stared at him, my heart almost beating out of my chest— he was way to beautiful for earth.

But instead of complimenting him, I just sighed and faced the tv, there was no point in trying to justify my feelings. He already rejected me just by his reaction.

He then fell into the dip of my neck and put his hand over my abdomen, tracing the six-pack underneath, I tensed up.

It gave me serious butterflies, I loved the idea of Taehyung in my arms and it not being sexual.

I ran my fingers through his hair and he giggled, claiming it tickled.

"You're so cute," I murmured, thinking it was quiet and he couldn't hear me.

"Thank you, Koo." Taehyung replied, reaching for the popcorn.

•••

Taehyungs pov

I walked into campus with a smile, I looked good, I smelt good— I felt good.

My night was long, I was up all night, thinking about Jungkook.

"Hey guys," I smiled, walking up to my best friends.

"You alright?" Tzuyu asked me, I nodded with a smile.

"You look more than alright." Jimin added making Tzuyu and I laugh.

"Jungkook confessed to me last night," I started and Jimin hit me, I winced at the pain.

"Shut up." Jimin exclaimed, I nodded, squealing with my best friends.

"He said he liked me, and I kinda made fun of him for it. I feel terrible and i'm going to apologise to him after our lecture." I admitted, my friends nodded, understanding.

"I think I like him too," I mentioned, as we walked to the lecture hall. Jimin and Tzuyu both giggled to each other.

"Of course you do, I thought it was so obvious, everyone knows." Tzuyu giggled, opening the door of the lecture hall. I gasped, walking into the room, we found our seats and got out our revision books, we soon continued out conversation when we got comfy.

"How could you possibly tell?" I grumbled, resting my head on the table, I felt embarrased when Tzuyu pointed out how obvious my feeling were for Jungkook.

"The way you look at him, maybe?" Jimin added, making me crumble in his seat.

"You know what, guys just be quiet. I can't handle this." I rolled my eyes and they both chuckled.

I sucked at keeping secrets so I had to tell Jungkook as soon as possible.

"He needs to take you on a date," Tzuyu said and I agreed.

The lecture started, Jungkook was on my mind so I couldn't concentrate at all.

🔳