Soft//Moondrop X Mechanic!Reader

Moondrop watched you sleep peacefully, like all the hours you'd spent worrying were now mere stories.

To him, you looked ethereal.

To the bitch security guard who just walked in, you looked like someone who was going to be fired.

"Well well well, if it isn't Vanilla Vanessa... What brings you to the daycare, hm?" He asks, and Vannessa grits her teeth. "Listen, Y/N isn't supposed to be here, so-" she begins, but is cut off.

"I don't care what you think, Vanessa. Y/N stays with me, and that's final." He knew he could be scrapped for this, but really? They couldn't. They'd have to remove his statute, and that cost a lot to make, so why throw something they couldn't afford to replace?

Vannessa sighed, "you're lucky I don't care what Y/N does, especially if it means you and Sundrop leave me alone. I was going to say Y/N needs to be out of here before day, as tomorrow is their day off." With that, she turned on her heel and left.

You mumble something in your sleep, and instantly Moon is by your side, unsire if you need help or not. "Cuddle me..." You mumble, but he is immediately trying to manoeuvre you so he can cuddle you.

In the end, his arms are wrapped around you from where you lay on his chest, still asleep.

Guess he won't be moving for the next few hours.

Then, an idea comes to mind, and he gets to work.

----

You feel light. Airy. So weightless you were lighter than a cloud. Or, maybe, that was the bed you were asleep on.

Wait. Bed?

You open your eyes to the dimly lit bedroom, Moon's red glowing eyes staring at you.

There were curtains drawn at the side of you, but you paid them less attention. You did notice, however, small amounts of light seeped through. Shit.

How long were you out?

You sat on the side of the bed, watching Moon from where he was perched on the floor. "Moony..." You say, your voice thick with sleep and deep from the still unshaken tiredness.

You knew saying his name like that made him melt. Well, you would've, if you were more awake.

You yawn, rubbing your eyes. "How long was I out?"

Silence.

Then-

"Around eight hours."

Your eyes widen in shock, that was far past the time you were meant to be gone by, you-

Children's laughter caught you off guard. It was coming from behind the curtain, which you knew overlooked the ball pit.

"Sunny's out there entertaining kids. We can talk for a bit."

Oh.

Oh alright then.

You sit in silence, staring at each other. He says nothing, you say nothing.

Children's laughter can be heard, but it doesn't disturb you. Slowly, you get off the solar themed bed and move toward him.

You sit fairly close to him, but he still doesn't speak.

You gently raise your hand, holding his. As you swipe your thumb across his hand, you feel yourself leaning in. He is, too.

All seems to slip away in the moment, your eyes shut in preparation-

And it's nice. You kiss him, softly, and he seems to smile into it.

After a few moments, you pull away, and cuddle into him.

Yeah, you'd settle for this every day if you could.

"Sun and I had someone clock you out...stay, stay here...just for today..." He pleaded, quietly. You nod, "of course, Moony."

You cuddle some more, and at some point he starts softly humming, rocking you back and forth. You won't fall asleep now, of course, but it's slowly waking you up more.

You reflect on how, if you hadn't been so broke, you'd never have worked here. Never have met Sunny, or Moon. That thought didn't particularly sadden you, however, as right now?

You were being held in Moon's loving embrace, and why think of what could've happened when you could think of what is happening?

You let out a sigh, one of content. Yeah, this was how you'd spend every day if you had the chance.

Just you, Moon, and a bunch of cuddles (with some kisses shared, but nothing too extreme).

______

Finally done!

I'm so sorry this took long to get out (I woke up and opened wattpad to 39 notifications. It blew my mind), but um-

1.88K people decided to interact with my story, so for that, I am grateful. Thank you so much.

A little notice on those who requested for part two on other parts:

Don't worry, I plan to write what you've asked for, it's just taking a while. I swear they'll be out at some point.

Alright, that's all from me, bye!