Starting Life as a Hero in Another World

"Y/N L/N. I'm sorry to say, but your short life has come to an unfortunate and unexpected end. Welcome to the afterlife."

You awaken to both an unfamiliar voice and an unfamiliar sight. The seemingly infinite black void around you is definitely something you haven't seen before. Neither did you think it was possible for something like this to exist.

There was one other living being that you could see. You don't really want to call her a human though. She certainly looked like one, but at the same time her beauty was almost inhuman. Not even the top models back on earth could hold a candle to her. The woman looked to be a few years older than you. She had long blue hair that went down to her lower back, the color similar to water from the ocean on a clear day. Her eyes were a similar color. Her clothes didn't leave much to the imagination, but at the same time they weren't too revealing anything. If you truly had died, it wouldn't be too hard to believe this was a goddess.

You don't know if it was her aura or what, but you felt an abnormal amount of calm in this situation

You don't know if it was her aura or what, but you felt an abnormal amount of calm in this situation. In fact, as far as you can remember you haven't really felt this calm in your entire life. "The afterlife? So was heaven, hell, and whatever else just made up then?" You question, the place you're in right not doesn't seem like either of those places. You're no expert on religion but you don't think this would fit the description of any of afterlife either.

"Actually, I was about to get to that." The woman continues "My name is Aqua. I'm a goddess who gives guidance to those who die young. Now, to answer your question from before. You have a two choices."

You decide not to say anything, figuring she'll just end up continuing anyway.

"Option one: Be reborn as a human and start a completely new life. Two, live life like some boring old geezer in a heavenly place."

"No offense, but both those options sound pretty trash." You frown, honestly this seems like a loss to you. "What do you mean by living like a geezer in heaven anyway?"

"Well, you didn't hear this from me but..." Aqua looks around for something similar to a child that's about to do something bad "Heaven isn't as great as a place as your kind likes to make it out to be. You don't even have a body. You don't need substance either, so you can't even eat. Even if you wanted to, there is no ingredients to make anything. No games, anime, snacks, sex, or anything! All you do is bask in the sunlight and talk to others as a spirit for all of eternity!"

Yeah, that sounds pretty garbage. Sounds more like hell. It makes reincarnation sound like a great opportunity.

However, she seems to notice your not so happy expression and smiles, leaning forward. "You certainly don't want to go to a boring place like heaven, do you? Being reborn sucks too. You wouldn't even be Y/N L/N anymore. You'd be starting a new life from zero like your previous one never existed. Now tell me, Y/N. Do you like video games?"