Extra: Seventy-three

Celestia

"Tia." I could feel someone gently shaking me awake. "It's time to wake up, my love." 

"Hmmm." I groaned, trying to keep ahold of the nice dream I was having.

"If you don't get up soon..." The voice trails off for a moment before the sensation of hot air tickled against my ear. "I'll have to find another way to wake you."

"Only if I get a kiss." I turned my face towards the owner of the voice with a smile while keeping my eyes closed.

"Hmm. I thought you would take me up on my offer." The voice muses as lips came against mine, nibbling my bottom lip. "Though this isn't too bad."

"Mhm." I open my eyes to see a smiling Alaric leaning over me. "Unfortunately, I'm too busy today."

"You can do it tomorrow." Alaric says slyly, caressing the side of my face.

"We don't have a lot of time left Alaric." I patted him on the face and slid my feet over the side of the bed. "I want it done so I don't have to worry about it later."

My feet touch the soft fur carpet as I carefully stood up, groaning a little as my lower back started to ache. Alaric quickly supported me as I walked to the bathroom; I could feel his concerned eyes on me.

I am pregnant- very pregnant.

To be honest, I wasn't surprised when I have found out that I was pregnant a few months ago since nighttime Alaric was-is very sensual and passionate doubled with the fact that there isn't a lot of birth control here.

I had terrible morning sickness during my first trimester and half way into my second- Alaric being there through each step.

He's massaged my feet and legs whenever I was tired, bring my favorite food including anything I was craving to me any time, walked with me though the gardens, everything a husband should do- he's done.

I've even caught him reading a few pregnancy books in the library.

But Alaric has also been very overprotective of me, getting worse the closer I came to my due date and now that I'm two days pass the due date: he's been having the doctor checking on me every three hours.

It took a lot of convincing for him to allow me to decorate the child's room that hasn't made a lot of progress since he keeps making up excuses to come check up on me.

::::::::::

"Alaric." I glare up at him from behind the door, starting to close it. "If you open this door without permission one more time- you'll be sleeping on the couch. I'll send someone if I need you."

"Okay..." Alaric give me big puppy-dog eyes and I could almost see those darn ears on top of his head.

I quickly shut the door so that I wouldn't be affected and sighed.

"How are you feeling Master?" Quinn says as she observed me. She and Valerie were here to help me since I wasn't able to lift much right now. 

"Fine." I sighed again as I went to sit down on a couch. "I'll feel better once I'm holding this kid in my arms." I caressed my abdomen with a smile before looking at her.

"What color do you want the walls?" Valerie gets right down to business. 

"Green walls would be nice... And could we paint a forest scene on that wall there? If we put the crib in it's center, it would look really nice."

"What color should the crib be?"

"White."

Valerie continued writing down everything I said as the afternoon sun poured sunlight through the large windows and I started to get hungry.