02

IMPORTANT: I changed the last chapter so that Jenny WAS compelled. I'm a dumbass and I forgot one of my plot points. Forgive me.

"THEY ALL ASKED FOR YOU."

      Rebekah wanted to throttle her brother. And it wasn't Klaus which was odd. It was Elijah.

"So you moved out, Elijah. Now can we talk about the elephant in the room?" Rebekah questioned over the phone and Klaus chuckled while Elijah sighed.

It was true that Elijah moved out of the Abattoir. But he did it so Hayley could get over whatever feelings she harbored for him.

"Yes, please do, but without me," Klaus said before he hung up.

"I can only fix one sibling at a time and right now I'm dealing with you. Jenny makes you the happiest I've ever seen you, Elijah. If you let her go, you'll regret that for the rest of your life," Rebekah lectured. "And forever is a long time."

"She's better off without me, Rebekah," Elijah explained. "We have bigger things to deal with like Dahlia."

Rebekah hung up as she huffed in exasperation, "I have to do all the work myself as per usual."

_____

Jenny packed her bags.

She had stayed in a hotel that night but she was leaving now. Damon tried to talk her out of it and Rebekah even demanded she stay. But she just couldn't.

When she got down to the lobby, she saw two guys enter the lonely hotel. She smiled a bit before she rifled through her purse for her keys until she heard them talk.

"That's her," she heard one of them say. "She's the dangerous soul."

She looked up to see them staring straight at her. Then suddenly the rest of the people in the lobby fell unconscious. She looked on wide-eyed before one of them flicked their hands out towards her which made her flinch before she went flying across the floor.

She hit her head on the tile but she didn't feel the pain.

"We need to take her alive. She's too powerful to kill," the leader of the two man team said as the other got closer.

She grabbed her duffel and swung it at him as she got up before running for the stairway. She got to the stairs and started running up them. She heard footsteps behind before her leg was grabbed and she was pulled down, hard.

Her ribs hit the edge of the stairs as her arms caught her before her head could go down, too. She tried kicking at the man but it was useless as he straddled her.

She started to scream but she felt a dull sensation around her neck. He had grabbed her throat and squeezed. He leaned down and whispered, "Try to scream again, angel face. I like the screamers."

She was losing oxygen and she fought to get his hands off her throat. But it was useless. He was stronger than she was. All she could do was wish she was somewhere else. And suddenly she was.

Her surroundings faded to black. The hands around her throat disappeared. The ground she was on turned to black glass. The place she was now in was very, very familiar.

"No, no, no," she repeated as she got her breath back.

She was in her land of the dead. The place of shadows and darkness. Where she was lost and lonely.