The Glowy Sword in Chains

"You, the fickle human, have gotten into this 'engagement'?" Liz quizzed me. We were hanging out in her golden castle, you know, sipping Mai Tais, basking in the sun in bed... the usual, and I told her about my unforeseen engagement.

"Don't have to rub it onto my face, ya know." I frowned and grabbed my straw, sucking harder.

"You seem to be unwilling, Master. Just kill him, and the problem will be solved."

"I wish, but there's also the emperor."

"Then kill the 'emperor' as well. It is not very difficult."

"Liz, I like your logic, but Mother won't allow it."

"Your mother must be as powerful as the goddesses to prevent you from killing this 'prince' human."

"She's stronger than the goddesses. Strong enough to take me down with one word. She's the reincarnation of Satan. No one can mess with her, unless they want to be dead."

"How impressive! Truly astonishing. She must strike fear into the hearts of her enemies."

"Mother is not just impressive, Liz. She's one thousand times stronger than you."

"I do not wish to meet your mother."

"Hahahaha! For once, Liz, you've made a wise choice."

----

I came back to my room, refreshed after my afternoon talk with Liz. We used to do it in the morning, but it was too hard to wake up, so we changed it to night or the afternoon, whatever fits into our sleep schedule. It was the last week of summer vacation.

I was lying down in bed, ignoring Maria's angry knocks, which were probably meant to get me out of bed, when I felt a tremendous mana presence appear. Just. Appear.

It had almost as much mana concentrated as Liz. Like, maybe one level down. I was surprised. I wanna get to it first. I shot up and bolted out the window, landing in the garden with my nightgown still on. The gardener who worked on the roses screamed and fell to the floor.

"YOUNG LADY!"

"Sorry, dude, gotta run!" I replied and used physical enhancement for an extra burst of speed. I'm gonna find it! A treasure hunt~ a treasure hunt~ I'm gonna win! I didn't know who exactly I was competing against, but I'm sure that others are pursuing it as well. I jumped high into the sky, and used air magic to propel myself forward and used gravity magic to fly. I looked over the dense vegetation and sighed. It's gonna take me hours to get there... fine, I'll get Lizzy.

I burst into my space and grabbed the sleepy Liz by the neck and dragged her out of the giant bed. "Fly." I told her, but she didn't seem to hear, because as soon as we touched the floor, she collapsed and snored.

"I'll get a giant eel for you if you fly." I tried again.

"Ready, Master!" Liz tossed me into the air and I landed on her back, and she jumped off the ground like a rabbit before opening her wings.

"Full speed ahead, mateys!" I jumped up on Liz's back and pointed forward with a silly grin on my face and we went one hundred times faster.

----

"Uh, seriously, all it was is a dungeon?" I looked at the monsters crawling towards me with creepy looks pasted on their faces (I think they're faces?) and sighed.

"Liz, torch 'em." She spit out fire and burned them alive, and I walked forward, jumping over the dead bodies and moving down the stairs. Liz followed close behind.

"Seriously, I thought this would be interesting, but all it was was a A-rank dungeon. Maybe the mana thing is at the bottom. Let's go." I flew down and landed on the second level. It smelled like piles of horse shit, and there were a lot of gooey things around the room.

"Ahhhh!!! Fuck, that is so damn ****** ****! I ******** *** ***!" I cussed and closed my eyes, then reached my arm out and started casting rapid ice incantations, and soon, the whole room freezed over. I sighed in relief and continued moving, and saw that there were figures encased in my ice.

"Oops. I guess I overreacted again, didn't I?" I glanced back at the freezing Liz and they nodded exasperatedly.

"Should I unfreeze the humans? I mean, they were probably after the mana thing too, so..." I looked at Liz for answers, but they just shrugged. "Uh, no help at all." I reached my hand out and tapped the frozen humans, and they thawed back to normal, and soon started screaming. "Shut up dudes, I'm already grumpy from getting out of bed and Liz is grumpy too, so if you guys wanna keep living, I suggest you all keep quiet."

Liz nodded in affirmation and we flew down another long flight of stairs again. "Hey, Liz, do you think you killed anyone when you torched the first level?" They shrugged again in reply. "Oh well, I guess the past is past. They probably weren't there anyway since I didn't feel any human presence."

We approached the next level. "Dude, how many levels are there? Flying is so tiresome." I groaned and gestured Liz to torch the next level. "Just do it. We'll get over this soon, and then you can eat eel." A large plume of fire was made and we approached the next level.

Then the next. And the next. And the next. Until we reached the bottom. "Well, that was easy." I muttered and saw a glowing sword, wrapped in chains. The room was dark, and the ceiling was so high I couldn't see it. "How'd that even appear?" I moved forward and with no hesitation, grabbed the glowing sword handle and pulled. It required some effort, but I kept going, and soon, the chains unraveled and I was left satisfied as I held the sword's dusty handle.

When I held it with one hand, the sword shrunk to match my physique and choice of swords. "Wow, cool!" I tossed the sword up in the air and took out my katana. "Well, bye old sword, hello glowing one!" I pushed it into the sheath.

"Well, I won. Let's go back home. And you have to fly me up the dungeon. No take backs, remember?" Liz roared but I kept my stand, so reluctantly, they lowered their wings and gestured for me to climb on. I grabbed on speedily and giggled. "He~he~he~ let's take this back home and show Mother and Father! It looks cool, I'm sure they'll like it."